CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ERROR 1628 Insall failed to complete ...HELP
Reply to this topic
jOHN [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 12, 2009 21:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Ijust bought PP5 and tried to install. I was told installshield needed to uninstall an older version and asked to remove it. I responded OK.but it came back with the error above. So I tried to uninstall using the old version's uninstall button but got same results. Can anyone tell me how to remove the old version so I can install the new version?
Joyce_0214 [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Sep 16, 2007 23:17 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
You can follow the steps below to uninstall your PowerProducer completely on your computer.

Generally, the steps can fix the installation/uninstallation problems.

< I>. Install Microsoft cleanup tool and execute from "Start\all programs\WindowsInstaller Cleanup" To check if PowerProducer is
on product list, If you can see PowerProducer in product list. Select PowerProducer and click "Remove" button to clean up PowerProducer.
Microsoft cleanup tool:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

<II>. Remove PowerProducer folder and clean the PowerProducer registry
1. Remove C:\Program Files\CyberLink\ PowerProducer folder
2. Remove C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{B7A0CE06-068E-11D6-97FD-0050BACBF861} folder
3.Run regedit
(1) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\ PowerProducer
(2) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B7A0CE06-068E-11D6-97FD-0050BACBF861}
(3) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield Uninstall Information\{B7A0CE06-068E-11D6-97FD-0050BACBF861}
(4) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{B7A0CE06-068E-11D6-97FD-0050BACBF861}

<III> Reboot

<IV> Install PowerProducer5 program
Best Regards,
CyberLink Customer Support
nastypup [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 21, 2009 14:42 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I used Joyce's instructions to uninstall PowerProducer 5. It worked -- yeah!!! Then, I re-installed the entire Media Suite 9 and, when it got to PowerProducer, it gave me that error. At least it recognized that PP5 was finally "uninstalled." The error said that it was corrupted. I don't understand because nothing was installed. So I was still unable to install PP 5.5.

I got error 1610: "The configuration data for the product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel."

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 28. 2010 00:29

nastypup [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 21, 2009 14:42 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I finally got a response from tech support who provided a very rapid fix. Download the following and run it:

ftp://154:0B460H1N@ftp.gocyberlink.com/new/CLCleaner-CMS9.zip

Then you can install new versions with no problem. I wish I had known this 3 days ago!!!!
lipan kumar [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 23, 2014 14:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ijust bought PP5 and tried to install. I was told installshield needed to uninstall an older version and asked to remove it. I responded OK.but it came back with the error above. So I tried to uninstall using the old version's uninstall button but got same results. Can anyone tell me how to remove the old version so I can install the new version?
Reply to this topic