CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is MP4 a supported input format for PowerProducer 5.5 or not?
Reply to this topic
SNew [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 27, 2017 16:06 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have been trying to burn a Blu-Ray of an MP4 on PowerProducer 5.5. When I purchased the product I thought it was able to burn all MP4 format videos. Is that correct? If not, are there converters or other formats that the producer might be able to use so I can burn the Blu-Ray.

Folks here and at customer support initially thought that there might be a DRM issue. The video I am trying to burn will burn to DVD on my HP PC's very basic operating system (I tested), so I don't think it has copyright protection (Digital Rights Management controls). I'd appreciate any guidance if there is a way that DRM/copyright protectcion would allow a DVD to burn via PC but not a Blu-Ray to burn via PP 5.5.

Thanks!
xasx4 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 05, 2017 22:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have been trying to burn a Blu-Ray of an MP4 on PowerProducer 5.5. When I purchased the product I thought it was able to burn all MP4 format videos. Is that correct? If not, are there converters or other formats that the producer might be able to use so I can burn the Blu-Ray.

Folks here and at customer support initially thought that there might be a DRM issue. The video I am trying to burn will burn to DVD on my HP PC's very basic operating system (I tested), so I don't think it has copyright protection (Digital Rights Management controls). I'd appreciate any guidance if there is a way that DRM/copyright protectcion would allow a DVD to burn via PC but not a Blu-Ray to burn via PP 5.5.

Thanks!

did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue.
SNew [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 27, 2017 16:06 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have been trying to burn a Blu-Ray of an MP4 on PowerProducer 5.5. When I purchased the product I thought it was able to burn all MP4 format videos. Is that correct? If not, are there converters or other formats that the producer might be able to use so I can burn the Blu-Ray.

Thanks!

did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue.

No. I went round and round with their customer service, but they never seemed to come close to solving the issue despite giving it their best shot. They weren't able to confirm whether the work around suggested in the string involving their product would work.

I jumped through tons of hoops, but eventually gave up because they wanted me to send them the entire video file. The requested upload seemed cumbersome, I could not protect the proprietary information in the file (it was a commercial video and not my IP) and I ultimately decided that doing so would lead to more and more requests for information and action on my part without any real progress towards solving the issue.

Based on my experience, Power Producer cannot burn a Blu-Ray from all MP4 files. Folks here who are much more knowledgable than me, and likely more knowledgable than CL customer support, suggest that MP4 is a bucket containing many different standards, some of which can't be burned absent extra software not in the standard PP bundle. Power Producer has usually worked for me, but if it doesn't it is next to impossible to find a work around.

I may take another run at it, but I think it that trying to get it to burn will take an immense amount of effort and will more than likely prove unsuccessful. Sorry to not offer more hope. If you get it to work, I'd love to know how you did it!
Reply to this topic