Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 15 still on computer
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Well, it's been a while since I was in the forums, and now I need some guidance.

I just upgraded/installed PD 16. I was under the impression that when I installed the upgrade, the old version would be uninstalled. Apparently I am wrong on that because PD 15 is still on my desktop, along with associated software, and opens when I click on it.

I went to Control Panel, Uninstall but PD 15 is not listed.

I then opened Revo Pro and it isn't listed there.

Should I just delete the desktop icon or is there a way to remove PD 15 from my computer that I'm not aware of?

Thanks for any suggestions. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Well, it's been a while since I was in the forums, and now I need some guidance.

I just upgraded/installed PD 16. I was under the impression that when I installed the upgrade, the old version would be uninstalled. Apparently I am wrong on that because PD 15 is still on my desktop, along with associated software, and opens when I click on it.

Should I just delete the desktop icon or is there a way to remove PD 15 from my computer that I'm not aware of?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Boongsong

Here's a pic of my two sitting happily in Revo. Are you looking PowerDirector instead of CyberLink

Do you really need to delete the earlier version? Some people have lote of version on their PCs
[Thumb - 13&16.jpg]
 Filename
13&16.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2017 12:16

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Well, it's been a while since I was in the forums, and now I need some guidance.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Boongsong

Here's a pic of my two sitting happily in Revo. Are you looking PowerDirector instead of CyberLink

Do you really need to delete the earlier version? Some people have lote of version on their PCs

Thanks Shadowman for your reply. I think I need to delete PD 15 because I want to install it on my laptop to use for my upcoming vacation. In the past, I wasn't able to use the same PD on two different computers. Has that changed>

I'm including snips of what is on Revo and Control Panel. Revo has PD 13 and PD 16. Control panel has content packs for PD13.

Let me know about putting pd 15 my laptop and leaving it on my desktop.

Thanks
[Thumb - pd in revo.PNG]
 Filename
pd in revo.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
19 time(s)
[Thumb - cyberlink in control panel.PNG]
 Filename
cyberlink in control panel.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Look in your hard disk for the PowerDirector 15 installation folder, see if it is full or empty.

My PD 15 is here:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15

I do have Both PD 15 and PD 16 on this computer. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Look in your hard disk for the PowerDirector 15 installation folder, see if it is full or empty.

My PD 15 is here:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15

I do have Both PD 15 and PD 16 on this computer.

Hello once again Carl312. Was wondering if you were still providing valuable help in these forums. Good to see you are. Always good guidance from you.

Yes, PD 15 is still on my desktop. Went to Start, All Programs and there it was listed under (OS) C: Program Files (see atch).

If I click on that link, or the icon on my desktop, PD 15 opens.

The reason I made my post was, I was always under the impression that all Cyberlink software was computer specific - same software can't be used on two different computers. No problem have different software on same computer.

I will try and install PD 15 on my Laptop and see if it works. I have PD 13 on there now.

Thanks Carl for your help.
[Thumb - pd 15.PNG]
 Filename
pd 15.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)
Jack