Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I edit a a singke stero channel?
erichK [Avatar]
Newbie Location: saskatoon canada Joined: Aug 12, 2017 17:29 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Audio director seems to lack the ability to even simply boost or reduce volume in just the left or just the right channel of a stereo audio recording. Is there any way around this? One side of the digital recorder had inadvertantly been truned down. It's a pro recorder with a very low noise floor, so should still be usable, if I can boost it seperately.
[Post New]
hi,

to modify a single channel you must click on the "Edit single channel" icon (upper right) then select the channel you want to modify.
websiteee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
To edit a single stero channel:

1. Split a stereo track into separate tracks for left and right channels.

2. Split a stereo track into two separate mono tracks.

3. Join two mono, left or right tracks into one stereo track.
erichK [Avatar]
Newbie Location: saskatoon canada Joined: Aug 12, 2017 17:29 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote To edit a single stero channel:

1. Split a stereo track into separate tracks for left and right channels.

2. Split a stereo track into two separate mono tracks.

3. Join two mono, left or right tracks into one stereo track.

Thank you for your help (both of you), but I still cannot figure out how to boost the one channel to match the other the input levels for which were accidentally turned down for about half of the 50 minute perfromanse

The WAV recording does appear as separate tracks in Audio Director, and I am able to push the single channel button, and thereby gray out the other channel.

BUT how do I then:

1. boost the audio on just the one channel

2. ensure that level match, or are atleast very close.

The music imust be as seamless as possble. The audio is critical for such concert recordings; actually much more important than any of the visuals, for which it is also critical as the synchronizing master track for 3 cameras, not to do anything fancy, but to make sure that there is a continuing record: two of the cameras are static, and set on a high tripod, recording continuously in parallel while I operate the third from a slightly different, slightly mobile .vantage point.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 20. 2017 12:58

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can do what BVR suggested on WaveEditor too and his instructions were good enough for me. Click the Edit Single channel button. Click either the left or right channel shown that you want to boost to highlight it. Click the Effects/Volume/Boost and a Pop up window appears allowing you to increase volume for that channel up to 12 db. Be sure to click preview so you can see and hear the results of your adjustments. When it is to your liking hit OK.

You then have to save the audio track. Hope this helps...
[Post New]
Hello F15hum84,

I'm sure, with the help offered by tomas, BVR and websitee, that you've resolved your issue.

This screen capture is possibly superfluous but it may help.

Double clicking on the track you wish to edit will select it, after choosing "Edit Single Channel"

PIX PIX YouTube channel
erichK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello F15hum84,

I'm sure, with the help offered by tomas, BVR and websitee, that you've resolved your issue.

This screen capture is possibly superfluous but it may help.

Double clicking on the track you wish to edit will select it, after choosing "Edit Single Channel"

PIX

Actually, the screen shot, and the instructions to double-click on the required track is a great help.