CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
WHEN are Cyberlink going to fix there website too many script errors sloow as a week in the jail
Reply to this topic
Tomthumb777
Member Private Message Location: Kilmarnock Ayrshire Joined: Jun 13, 2008 08:54 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink is the only site i get problems with out of the thousands i visit over a year

script errors i.e. writing long script i have ajusted my computer to accomadate scripts tried everything this end but

there site is still CRAP to say the least

its sloppy programing thats what it is

so CYBERLINK hows about a fix S.A.P. please

Tom G Scotland
PowerDirector Moderator
Contributor Private Message Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 596 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Just for clarity, I assume you are referring to the forum interface and not the main CyberLink website?

Obviously, an issue with the main website is not for this forum, but the issue of forum response times and formatting problems has already been reported and passed on to the forum developers, as far as I understand it.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Tomthumb777
Member Private Message Location: Kilmarnock Ayrshire Joined: Jun 13, 2008 08:54 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Just for clarity, I assume you are referring to the forum interface and not the main CyberLink website?

Obviously, an issue with the main website is not for this forum, but the issue of forum response times and formatting problems has already been reported and passed on to the forum developers, as far as I understand it.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

Yes its the forum website if i click to open the site it takes 2mins 33sec to open

sometimes get message Cyberlink is writing long script,

if i click to reply to this message it takes 3mins 21sec to open

out of all the sites i use or browse Cyberlink is the only site that does this

they have had long enough to fix this i'm sure its not just me but many others

i have tried everything at my end disable scripts enable scripts hide scripts had them on then of

my laptop is top end win 10 64bit 64gig ram 980Nivida graphics

there web site speed is non existing as i said its SLOPY PROGRAMING plain and simple

Thanks for your interest if its reported then we may get a fix in a year ?????????

even writing the above message i have to copy it some times it wont post for about 7mins left it running just to time this myself

just NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

Tom G Scotland
stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4594 Offline
[Post New]
If I can butt in for a second. wink As with many users forums like this, the actual software was developed by an outside company. Look at the bottom of this page.

There is another company involved but it is not identified. That is the company that owns the servers. At one time, Amazon had plenty of server space but it too sometimes ran into issues. It was found that the forum, in that one case, was moved to an old back up server what couldn't handle all the traffic. That forum was returned to the newer server and problems were solved.

As you can imagine, all three companies are probably pointing fingers and no one want to take charge.

I too have complained and have been promised that someone would look into it. So far nothing. When I go to post, I write and then copy what I want to post. While it is working on the uplaod, I already have another site opened and work (read) there. I go back when I feel that the post should have been made. If it has timed out, I still have the copy of what I wanted to post. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Reply to this topic