Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu Ray Burning Issues
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
I did post in the PD15 forum previously

I have been trying to burn a compilation Blu Ray of various projects from the past few years, so it contains projects originally created in various versions of PD and using differnet cameras for the original footage (since 2011)

It contains approx 15 projects and takes about 23gb of the 25gb Blu Ray disc

Both PD 15 & 16 report a successful burn at the end of the disc creation process but on all occasions the Samsung Blu Ray player sees it as a data disc with no actual playable data. It has previously played many discs created in PD without issue, both before and after the issues with this particular project.

When put on the computer through VLC plays fine so all the structure is there

This seems to indicate some incompatibiltiy between the Blu Ray player and the discs created by PD, however more recent projects burn and play fine, without any issues, along with older discs that contain one project i.e. one holiday video rather than the multiple holiday videos on the Blu Ray I am having issue on

At one stage I wondered if was trying to cram too much onto a disc so tried reducing the amount on the disc, however the result was the same.

I now wonder if the format of some of the older projects is causing a problem? Is this likely?

I see on the latest 'patch' there is a mention of improving the compatibilty of the Blu ray with mpeg-2 profile, not sure if that would assist?

Have created 4 discs so far so slightly reluctant to keep burning them but would like to get a successful result! Mainly so can watch some of the older memories on the TV rather than computer. Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It does sound like that your standalone Samsung player is the problem since the pc optical disc burner/player is okay. Lasers get weak or dirty and can be serviced. You could burn the BD-R at the slowest speed like 4x or 2x to see if it helps. If this take care of the problem then you can get the player serviced.
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It does sound like that your standalone Samsung player is the problem since the pc optical disc burner/player is okay. Lasers get weak or dirty and can be serviced. You could burn the BD-R at the slowest speed like 4x or 2x to see if it helps. If this take care of the problem then you can get the player serviced.

Hi Tomasc

Thanks for your thoughts / suggestions,

I agree the issue appears to be related to the Samsung player; however it also plays other Blu Ray projects created in PD both before and after the problem project without any issue (have just tried a couple of them to check they are still playing OK!) It is not that old and has not had much use at all, combined with the fact it plays other projects without issue makes me think not a physical issue with the player as such.

So still wonder if either be to do with some of the content of the current project (maybe?) or the size that the player does not like? The project does contain footage old enough to be 640 x 480 resolution - perhaps not sufficient to be displayed correctly? (though of course it does play on the computer, perhaps has different codecs available?)

I tried a burn at the lowest speed offered (4x) this still did not give a different result

May try a project of similar size / number of individual projects but made up only of HD footage from recent years, see what happens with that? Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Your previous created BD worked on your Samsung BD player. We know the answer to this one. You were using a different pc, not using win 10, a different graphics card. If you can go back to that old configuration then your problem is solved.

Try this: Enable hardware encoding on the final burn window. This will create a BD with menu that is compatible with the older BD players.
Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tomasc

I have also created Blu Ray discs AFTER I had problems with the project I am having issues with; which play fine!

Nothing has changed with my setup for a number of years apart from W10 updates; all the hardware is the same.

Will try the hardware encoding tip, thanks, see if that makes a difference, Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
for whatever it's worth...

i've burned blu-ray using PD12 & PD14 using my desktop pc with w7pro64 and Dell using PD10.

- settings @ Create Disc

(2) Video and Audio settings - Select the video encoding format and quality: H.264 or MPEG-2

- No Menu

- HA & x.v. color unchecked / disabled in Burn in 2D/Final Output.

PD10 & PD12 blu-ray created either H.264 or MPEG-2 and PD14 MPEG-2 only

played in both Samsung BD-5700(4+ years old) and BD-E6500(5+ years old); however,

PD14 H.264 blu-ray played in BD-5700 only. audio only in BD-E6500!

both blu-ray players plays wally world's blu-ray movies.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2017 02:45

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
marcelcpm [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2008 10:54 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
error code eE140016 when iam using some Projekts with PD14 the same Projekt with PD16 also i need help
I have the same problem with PowerDirector16 but i have a orther one to. After Burning my Blu Ray i want to play it on PS4 it starts my Intro Thats fin. But after this i dont see my menu i only hera Music press i play its starts my movie. So please whtas frong ?? Sorry for my bad englisch . I am german.

Thanke for your help.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote PD10 & PD12 blu-ray created either H.264 or MPEG-2 and PD14 MPEG-2 only

played in both Samsung BD-5700(4+ years old) and BD-E6500(5+ years old); however,

PD14 H.264 blu-ray played in BD-5700 only. audio only in BD-E6500!

I remember a post that a more recent Samsung bd player won’t play avchd 2.0 discs meaning 1080/60p. The answer was to buy either a Panasonic or Sony brand and it worked for the user. The later model Samsung BD players don’t even work if you read this post in the Samsung forums: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Blu-ray-DVD-Players/ubd-k8500-wont-play-avchd-disks/td-p/33855 .
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...
I remember a post that a more recent Samsung bd player won’t play avchd 2.0 discs meaning 1080/60p. The answer was to buy either a Panasonic or Sony brand and it worked for the user. The later model Samsung BD players don’t even work if you read this post in the Samsung forums: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Blu-ray-DVD-Players/ubd-k8500-wont-play-avchd-disks/td-p/33855 .

thank you Tomasc.

previous post i did find that Samsung E6500 will not play AVCHD 2.0 @ 1080/60p but BD-5700 does play AVCHD 2.0 @ 1080/60p.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1