where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
video 2 go will not work
Reply to this topic
Mary Catherine [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 28, 2017 14:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have Power director 9 and 15. I cannot get the video to pc to capture a VHS from a vhs player. The player is working. Help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2017 14:21

stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4626 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I have Power director 9 and 15. I cannot get the video to pc to capture a VHS from a vhs player. The player is working. Help

Is video to pc part of the capture process?

As you know, the output from a VHS player is an analog signal (like an old time watch). The input to a computer must be digital (like a new watch that displays numbers.

What are you using to convert the analog signal to digital?

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2017 15:02

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Mary Catherine [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 28, 2017 14:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
Pget the video to pc to capture a VHS from a vhs player. The player is working. Help

LU
Is video to pc part of the capture process?
G THE OUTGOING CABLES FROM THE vhs MACHINE AND THEN
As you know, the output from a VHS player is an analog signal (like an old time watch). The input to a computer must be digital (like a new watch that displays numbers.

What are you using to convert the analog signal to digital?

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Video 2 PC is a prgram that is installed on my computer to convert the analog to digital.. It includes the Power Director 9 program. There is a cable that connects the red, white and yellow cables from the VHS player to a box . Out of the box is a usb cable that connects to the pc.

However, whenI try to capture nothing happens.

Mary Catherine
stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4626 Offline
[Post New]
The things that poped into my head immediately is to see if the device is plugged into the OUTPUT of the VCR. The ones on the front are usually for input. 2) Make sure you are plugged into a USB port on the back of you computer. Do not use a HUB or the USB ports on the front of your computer Neither have enough power to drive the device. If you have a laptop, ignore this one.

Is there a manual for the device? Are you getting any kind of an error message? Have you talked to IONAudio?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2017 16:54

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
stevek
[Post New]
Ok, I've thought about it. Sometiimes if there are specific drivers for a piece of equipment (like the A/D) converter Windows will install their own and wrong drivers. Did you plug the device in BEFORE you installed the drivers?

This isn't covered in the quick start instructions. What you can do is got yo Windows Device Manager with the device plugged in and delete the drivers for the device (only). Remove the device and Reinstall the drivers from the disc. Now plug in the device. It should not give you the option to install the drivers.

Try again.

edited to show that after you remove the drivers, you must remove the device and then reinstall the drivers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2017 11:33

websiteee [Avatar]
Member Private Message Location: Arizona Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 75 Offline
[Post New]
VHS player is work on analog technology and the pc is a digital system. So you need to find out some other way to capture.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote VHS player is work on analog technology and the pc is a digital system. So you need to find out some other way to capture.

Mary Catherine hasn't been back for several months so I doubt that she still needs help on this. She did indicate that she had a Videoto PC device perhaps this one which included the Cyberlink software.

I just wish she would have come back to tell us if she succeeded. .
Joep1823 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 30, 2018 10:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

Mary Catherine hasn't been back for several months so I doubt that she still needs help on this. She did indicate that she had a Videoto PC device perhaps this one which included the Cyberlink software.

I just wish she would have come back to tell us if she succeeded.

I encounter the same problem as Mary Catherine. I will use your suggestions to reinstall the video 2 PC driver. And yes you were right that the connections on the front of the VHS recorder are 'in', at the backside there are the 'out' connections.
And I will let you know if it works.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 4530 Offline
[Post New]
PD9 works in capturing analog video using a converter. That is why the manufacturer included it. PD15 is another story. Looks like no one bothered to report PD15 and later as not woking to Cyberlink support as I just tried them recently to answer a question in a user group. Again PD9 works.
Joep1823 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I encounter the same problem as Mary Catherine. I will use your suggestions to reinstall the video 2 PC driver. And yes you were right that the connections on the front of the VHS recorder are 'in', at the backside there are the 'out' connections.
And I will let you know if it works.

Stevek, I did follow the steps (remove ION Video 2 from windows device manager, disconnect the Video 2 A/D converter, and reinstall the driver from the CD delivered with the Video 2) but when connecting again with my PC windows gave the message like make device reay/device ready to use. When using Powerdirector v8 (I bought the device back in 2012 but try to use no in 2018laughing) I can ony record audio which runms but doesn't record any noice). Might it be that the driver is for a 32bit PC (i can read during the installation of the driver) with windows 7 while I have a 64bit computer with Windows10.
But anyway thanks for your suggestion, if you have more suggestions to get PowerDirector 8 working with an old analoge Philips DVP3350V combined DVD/VCR player you are very welcome.
Joep1823 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote PD9 works in capturing analog video using a converter. That is why the manufacturer included it. PD15 is another story. Looks like no one bothered to report PD15 and later as not woking to Cyberlink support as I just tried them recently to answer a question in a user group. Again PD9 works.

Tomasc, can you give a little bit more explanation about PD9. Is that a device like Video 2 go we were talking about in this subject?
Reply to this topic