CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
all videos are a solid bright green except .wmv
Reply to this topic
merlin7777777 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 03, 2015 21:29 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
In powerproducer6, all the videos I import apart from .wmv files display as solid green in the main window. Sound is fine. In 'edit clips' mode all the videos have a normal thumbnail. These videos all play normally in other apps such as VLC.

I tried capturing video from my webcam using the capture option and that is green too.

I installed the ltest version a couple of months ago (cyberlink mediasuite), I am using windows 10 on a new laptop with 16gb ram.

Getting very frustrated.

Please can someone help?
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Merlin,

I think you can try to update your VGA card driver first. Usually the green video is because of some mis-function of VGA driver.
merlin7777777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Merlin,

I think you can try to update your VGA card driver first. Usually the green video is because of some mis-function of VGA driver.

Thanks for that. I've done as suggested and it had a small effect. A couple of file types now show thumbnails where they did not before but otherwise things are the same.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5397 Offline
[Post New]
Per a recent post in the Cyberlink Japanese forum, one user tried PP6 in 3 different pc’s. It seems to work well on one pc’s while the other two display the preview green screen: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/52055.page . It looks like upgrading to a better and more powerful pc is one solution. Another solution that worked is to contact tech support to obtain a patch to make it compatible with windows 10. It solved the problem for the OP. You may want to contact Cyberlink tech support to get the same patch to solve your issue.
merlin7777777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Per a recent post in the Cyberlink Japanese forum, one user tried PP6 in 3 different pc’s. It seems to work well on one pc’s while the other two display the preview green screen: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/52055.page . It looks like upgrading to a better and more powerful pc is one solution. Another solution that worked is to contact tech support to obtain a patch to make it compatible with windows 10. It solved the problem for the OP. You may want to contact Cyberlink tech support to get the same patch to solve your issue.

Thanks for that. Laptop is recent and powerful so unlikely to be that. tech support have been helping me and I've just installed a patch (update 10 files to be precise) and seems to have come good.

Thanks for all the help.
Reply to this topic