CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
are there restrictions with BDAV and why is my video bright green?
Reply to this topic
merlin7777777 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 03, 2015 21:29 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a complete cyberlink newbie.

I'm trying to create a bluray disc that will play in a bluray player. I have 6 episodes of a programme that I want to put on it and I want to display a menu when the bluray is loaded that shows a thumbnail for all 6 episodes and allows you to select one to play.

It seems I have to choose BDAV to have a set of thumnails but I don't really understand the difference between BDAV and BDMV. It looks as though BDAV has some restrictions?

Also, when I select the 'preview' tab (having imported a couple of files) one of them plays immediately, audio is OK but there is no video - just a bright breen picture. Thumbnails on the 'author' tab are normal.

I'm using powerproducer 6, windows 10, a laptop with built-in bluray burner.

The video files I am importing are a mixture of .mkv and .mp4

Any help to sort out this newbie's confusion would be gratefully recieved!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5397 Offline
[Post New]
BDAV has restrictions that you must use BDMV if you want a menu. To fix the bright green screen you need to go into preferences and disable the Use hardware decoding.

See the answer in your other post. Don’t use Reply. Use Reply to this topic to avoid a repeat of the formatting error on your other post.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 17. 2017 21:14

merlin7777777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks tomasc. As far as I can tell, if I want a menu of all my episodes on one screen to choose from I need to create a play list? If that's correct I can only use BDAV as they are not available in BDMV.

Or am I misunderstanding menus? It looks to me as though a menu can just be for one video but broken into chapters, not several individual programmes?
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
if you need video thumbnail menu, then select BDMV is the only choice.

Although you still cannot put too many video thumbnails in one menu page.
merlin7777777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks sumerj . How do I get more than 1 thumail on screen with BDMV? The only way I can see is to use chapters but I don't want chapters just a thumbnail for each video file.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks sumerj . How do I get more than 1 thumail on screen with BDMV? The only way I can see is to use chapters but I don't want chapters just a thumbnail for each video file.

You have only 1 video file for this disc or you have many video files?

If many video files, just import them.

If only 1 video file, then maybe split it as chapters is the only way to get the thumbnail on menu.
Reply to this topic