CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
newbie question: how to select mpeg4 video output format
Reply to this topic
jjd [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 14, 2017 12:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I bought an AverMedia usb capture device so i could convert all my old home vhs and 8mm tapes to digital format and CyberLink MediaSuite 10 (PowerDirector 10.0 & PowerProducer 5.5) came with it.

I captured my first 2hr VHS tape and now when I want to save it it says 'The size of of the imported file exceeds the amount of available disc space'. Now I don't actually want to burn dvds I want to save MP4 files that I can put on my SAN and play back via Plex.

If I go to PP preferences->Audio/Video->i it says MPEG4 is an option but the only selection box is MPEG2.

I would prefer not to have to recapture the video as I'm not sure how many times I can play these 30+ year old tapes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-jjd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 14. 2017 13:18

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5397 Offline
[Post New]
PP is a direct to dvd disc program. Why not use PD10? Mp4 is useless for a dvd. Mpeg-2 is supported unless you use another software or buy a different one.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I bought an AverMedia usb capture device so i could convert all my old home vhs and 8mm tapes to digital format and CyberLink MediaSuite 10 (PowerDirector 10.0 & PowerProducer 5.5) came with it.

I captured my first 2hr VHS tape and now when I want to save it it says 'The size of of the imported file exceeds the amount of available disc space'. Now I don't actually want to burn dvds I want to save MP4 files that I can put on my SAN and play back via Plex.

If I go to PP preferences->Audio/Video->i it says MPEG4 is an option but the only selection box is MPEG2.

I would prefer not to have to recapture the video as I'm not sure how many times I can play these 30+ year old tapes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-jjd

You can choose a "normal quality" profile to burn the 2hr VHS video to a DVD, but usually I won't do that because of video quality concern.

Burn 1hr video to a single layer DVD is best fit length and quality.
Reply to this topic