Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio problem
Carljh1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Adelaide, South Australia Joined: Feb 27, 2016 19:27 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have just upgraded to PowerDVD 17 and when I try to to play video files I get the message 'PowerDVD cannot play the music because the audio decoder is being used by PowerDVD'. Closing the program does nothing and just get the spinning disc both on the main panel and Media Library box. Never had this problem with the earlier versions.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Use Windows Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-Enter) to open it. Scroll down to findit and "End the Task". Try again.

If the problem persists, use the startup tab to diable loading when you start your computer. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
tjonathan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2017 22:53 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Use Windows Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-Enter) to open it. Scroll down to findit and "End the Task". Try again.

If the problem persists, use the startup tab to diable loading when you start your computer.

SteveK, I see you post solutions to many propblems and maybe you can help me. DVD 16 will not play ripped DTS HD-Master audio with direct copying of the Blu Ray. Windows 10 basic movies and tv app does, as well as VLC. I've followed all technical advice from Cyberlink and from past user comments. Nothing works. Your advice? Thanks!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Use Windows Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-Enter) to open it. Scroll down to findit and "End the Task". Try again.

If the problem persists, use the startup tab to diable loading when you start your computer.

SteveK, I see you post solutions to many propblems and maybe you can help me. DVD 16 will not play ripped DTS HD-Master audio with direct copying of the Blu Ray. Windows 10 basic movies and tv app does, as well as VLC. I've followed all technical advice from Cyberlink and from past user comments. Nothing works. Your advice? Thanks!

Sorry if they can't help, then I know of no solution.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 11. 2017 18:51

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.