Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
♥ PowerDirector 14 Ultimate Tutorials from PD University ♥
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Yes Neil that does sound like a bit of work but if it works for you and gives you the results you want then it is worth it. laughing I have yet to use Sony Sound Forge but I have heard nothing but good things about it. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Create unique videos by writing and/or drawing on your videos with the Paint Designer feature in PowerDirector 14 Ultimate.

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
About a month ago, a user describe like what you were doing in this tutorial. See this link: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/48487.page . I tried it and found it was slow like it took 20 sec. to move along an accurate route. Ended up doing what you showed in the end to shorten or speed it up to make it 5 sec.

Paint designer is a good way to do what was previously done with a route generator program. This is a good tutorial to show others how to do it! laughing
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes Neil that does sound like a bit of work but if it works for you and gives you the results you want then it is worth it. laughing I have yet to use Sony Sound Forge but I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Hi, Maliek!

Yes, I'd heartily recommend Sound Forge. I paid A$100 for it a few years ago, not just for recording narrations for my video, but for its main use(in my case) of transferring old vinyl records(LPs, EPs or singles) into MP3 audio filesfor later burn to a CD. It's worth every centof what I paid for it. Audacity is free software but you get what you paid for with it. I've tried Audacity and it leaves a great deal to be desired.

Cheers!

Neil.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Maliek!

Something in Paint Designer caught my eye after viewing the tutorial. I noticed the availability of the "alpha" background to create transparency behind objects when superimposed on other videos. My reason for asking is because I've recently created in Microsoft Paint, a set of alphabet and numeral characters(plus German punctuation marks, so I can create German-language titles) and have, with the aid of paint.net, converted same to PNG transparencies. I like to animate each letter of a title individually so that it spins or slides in from whatever angle or position on the screen I choose. Thing is, if I'm creating a title animation for later use, I have to use either a black or white(neutral shades) background, set the letters against this background, create the desired animation effects, then, when I want to use the title in my project, I need to chroma-key out the black or white background, leaving a slightly-blurred title.

Having that "alpha"(chequerboard effect) background may save me having to use black or white background which has to be chroma-keyed out. Does Paint Designer allow such a process?, I'm using Power Director 14 Ultra, by the way.

Cheers!

Neil.
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: This is a good tutorial to show others how to do it! laughing

Thanks for watching. I appreciate the kudos. laughing Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Yes, I'd heartily recommend Sound Forge.

I am an Adobe Audition user myself. I got it back in the day when CS6 was still available. Like you said, worth every penny. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Make movies in a snap with the Magic Movie Wizard in CyberLink PowerDirector 14 Ultimate.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Does Paint Designer allow such a process?

I don't think you can use the Paint Designer in the same manner. You can give it a shot and see how it turns out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 17. 2016 18:35

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That Magic movie wizard/Fast Motion tutorial used here looks very much like Slideshow/Motion for still images. It's been a long time since I explored it. Always end up doing it manually on the timeline as always. This is a good review of Magic Movie. I will probably use it since it works with video too and you can put back on the timeline to continue your video editing. I did not think of that before your tutorial.

Thanks for all your help! sealed
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Does Paint Designer allow such a process?

I don't think you can use the Paint Designer in the same manner. You can give it a shot and see how it turns out.

Thanks, Maliek, I think you've fairly-well answered my question. Prior to my being able to create PNG transparent background objects(graphics), I've been using BMP graphics which required chroma-keying to remove the background, resulting in the slightly-blurred images, I'll try my original method now with PNGs instead, and see what that gives me.

Cheers!

Neil.
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: That Magic movie wizard/Fast Motion tutorial used here looks very much like Slideshow/Motion for still images. It's been a long time since I explored it. Always end up doing it manually on the timeline as always. This is a good review of Magic Movie. I will probably use it since it works with video too and you can put back on the timeline to continue your video editing. I did not think of that before your tutorial.

Thanks for all your help! sealed

Thank you for watching. I'm glad I was able to bring some new perspective to one of the PowerDirector gurus. laughing Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I'll try my original method now with PNGs instead, and see what that gives me.

Cheers!

Neil.

I think using .PNGs will be your best bet. I hope it works out for you. laughing Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Get those mono audio files coming through both channels using PowerDirector and Wave Editor.

Most people refer to monaural audio as stereo so I used stereo in the video title for familiarity. laughing

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Maliek!

Here's a little tip to get a bit of spacial effect. What you've described in this clip is basically how to get the same audio content across both channels but it remains essentially mono as there's no variation between the two channels. However, if you move one channel's content about 20 miliseconds left or right on the screen, you'll achieve a delay effect which will give a degree of spacial effect to the audio. Just thought I'd mention it.!

Cheers!

Neil.
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: ...it remains essentially mono as there's no variation between the two channels. However, if you move one channel's content about 20 miliseconds left or right on the screen, you'll achieve a delay effect which will give a degree of spacial effect to the audio. Just thought I'd mention it.

Yes, what I've really created is monaural audio. I like the suggestion of adding a delay to create more of a stereo feel. Thanks for sharing. laughing Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: ...it remains essentially mono as there's no variation between the two channels. However, if you move one channel's content about 20 miliseconds left or right on the screen, you'll achieve a delay effect which will give a degree of spacial effect to the audio. Just thought I'd mention it.

Yes, what I've really created is monaural audio. I like the suggestion of adding a delay to create more of a stereo feel. Thanks for sharing. laughing

Hi, Maliek!

The delay effect is good for a spacial effect, but my development of the effect goes a couple of steps further if I use Sound Forge to manipulate the audio. As well as the delay, I also apply a graphic equaliser effect, to each channel in turn. If the graphic equaliser has ten faders across the range from bass to treble(I'll give them numbers to illustrate the settings), on one channell you set as follows:

01, 02 - Boost; 03, 04 - Cut; 05, 06 - Boost; 07, 08 - Cut; 09, 10 - Boost. For the opposite channel you reverse the settings, this is more for music than voice, I should point out. If you have some old vinyl 45s or LP tracks of instumental music that you might want to use as background to a video, and it's only mono, this graphic equaliser setting, combined with the delay, can give quite a convincing pseudo-stereo effect. The only warning I would give here is watch out for YouTube "flagging" the music on copyright(as we've read elswhere).

Cheers!

Neil.
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
PIP for you and for me!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 12. 2016 20:38

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Use the Effect Room to its full potential.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
With PIP Objects you can add great overlays to your videos.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can't we all just get along? Make your audio and video live together in peace and harmony.