CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D Vision problem
Reply to this topic
Gowing [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 27, 2010 08:59 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Add me to the list. I have the same issue. 2 GTX470s Sli'ed, latest Nvidia dirvers, GD235Hz, latest version of PowerDVD 10 Ultra mark 2. All other 3d applications work great, no problems. I've asked Nvidia tech support, and they point to PowerDVD. Will upload diagnostics file when able.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Private Message Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
I saw a few others complain about PowerDVD saying thier items were not compliant and having blu ray playback issues. once they downloaded the free trial of AnyDVD and enabled their problems disapeared. They also owned HDCP compliant hardware and only the cyberlink software was saying it was not compliant.

As far as working with different software it is just that different software. PowerDVD is not programed the same as Total Media Theatre. Just like I am sure your games play in 3d just fine?

So you have SPDIF audio to AVR? DVI to monitor?
I see that blu ray 3d on powerdvd wants 1080p 24p playback mode, hopefully this only enforced on HDMI 1.4 playback. Can that monitor do 23hz or 24hz in 1080p on the dvi? I wonder if they broke something trying to better support 3dtv playback that used to work with 3d vision? Actually i looked at the options. You say that DVD 2D to 3D used to work? What resolution and Hz was it using? What was it configured for? I wish I had a 3d vision kit and monitor this would be a little easier to walk through a few things I wonder if are interfering. Trust me when i say i have seen some things powerdvd claims and in reality I never got working.

Have you tried FORCING powerdvd display device under the 3d display configuration to Nvidia 3d Vision ready monitor. Do NOT let it auto detect. Of course you can try auto detect, but since the advisor is saying your NOT hdcp compliant it may also read the 3d incorectly.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Here is a screenshot I just took from my control panel

I have had a lot of folks complain to me that I shouldn't trust that at all. So to humor them I tried Slysoft AnyDVD HD and still had the same problem. Odly enough other folks that had problems this worked for especially when the advisor reported they were not compliant. I wonder if some DVI code is messed up and only looks for HDMI HDCP compliant connections in PowerDVD and Advisor.

I am currently disgusted with all this copy protection crap considering the fact I purchase my movies and can not enjoy because of these copy protections saying I am not compliant when i am. I will get off my soap box now.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Add me to the list. I have the same issue. 2 GTX470s Sli'ed, latest Nvidia dirvers, GD235Hz, latest version of PowerDVD 10 Ultra mark 2. All other 3d applications work great, no problems. I've asked Nvidia tech support, and they point to PowerDVD. Will upload diagnostics file when able.

Please provide the information requested here.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Blu3sy [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 10, 2011 05:49 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Like I said the powerdvd 1830 patch read the bluray near perfectly the screen is jumping sometimes that makes it not very enjoyable, and yes everything other works very well in 3D, and I don't want to use anything to remove the protection of my blurays in anyway.

I paid for a software to play my discs without having to tweak anything and I guess it's supposed to work this way. You said about anydvd trial, if it's a trial it's a time limited software ? I don't want to pay anymore I already paid 99€ for the player 99€ for the soft ... it begins to be quite expensive and as I said it's labelled as a bluray 3D player ... I have the hardware for it, so why it's not working as it should ?

I don't want to buy totalmedia theater it would be 99€ more ... I am pretty happy with powerdvd and just want my problem to be solved I think I am not the only one with this kind of problem this topic is pretty watched

(sorry for my english and thanks for your patience and answers)
Blu3sy [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wanted to make it clear that all my bluray discs are playing perfectly, I only have a problem with "A christmas carol 3D" bluray and maybe with other 3D ones but I don't want to buy more to see that I cannot watch them ^^
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Like I said the powerdvd 1830 patch read the bluray near perfectly the screen is jumping sometimes that makes it not very enjoyable, and yes everything other works very well in 3D, and I don't want to use anything to remove the protection of my blurays in anyway.

I paid for a software to play my discs without having to tweak anything and I guess it's supposed to work this way. You said about anydvd trial, if it's a trial it's a time limited software ? I don't want to pay anymore I already paid 99€ for the player 99€ for the soft ... it begins to be quite expensive and as I said it's labelled as a bluray 3D player ... I have the hardware for it, so why it's not working as it should ?

I don't want to buy totalmedia theater it would be 99€ more ... I am pretty happy with powerdvd and just want my problem to be solved I think I am not the only one with this kind of problem this topic is pretty watched

(sorry for my english and thanks for your patience and answers)

Nice overclok on the CPU and I am sorry I must ask if you go standard the problem still exists?

Trust me I was pissed when folks kept me asking to try AnyDVD HD also. Yes it has a 21 day trial mode. It does a great job of uninstalling itself from my testing. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS SOFTWARE! Install the trial, reboot, start the advisor and see if it still says your not hdcp complaint. I believe it will. Now try to play a blu ray and it should play. Then try the 3d blu ray and it should play. If it behaves the exact same way then bypassing the copy protection is not your problem for certain. If it seems to work the HDCP protection is being detected incorectly I bet. Please do try this with 2701 powerdvd release also! Don't bother with trying to remove the copy protection from the blu ray disc it sounds your like me and want what you paid for to work without extra crap or loss.

I have tangled 3d blu ray region a and it would not playback smooth even with the 3d turned off! Does your 3d blu ray do the same thing? When I installed the 2701 ultra patch i could play a smooth 2d version of the 3d blu ray with powerdvd ultra 2701. I could play a smooth 3d version with anaglyph on.

Yes you are using 1830 and its quite old. Which other update releases have you tried? I know this is probably not supported by cyberlink but something i recently stumbled on in my testings. visit the update site that shows all the pdvd10 updates. I have a full version PowerDVD and not upgrade so i can't guarentee this will work for you if you did an upgrade path.
Download the 1830 update if you already do not have it down. Make sure its the update file and not the file you used to install!
Download the 2701 update if you already do not have it down.
Run the 2701 update and reboot. Test the movie, it seems like your problem happens right away and you dont have to watch the whole movie.
Grab a DXDIAG and BD advisor report. Submit these to the forum.
Run the 1830 update and reboot. Test the movie, and it should be like it was before and you should be back at 1830 that you prefer.

Yea after I bought PowerDVD 10 I did not want to purchase AnyDVD HD to enjoy my Blu Rays. I also did not want to purchase Total Media Theatre either to enjoy my Blu Rays. Trust me when I say when I purchase my 3dtv I will be purcahsing a 3d blu ray player also. I will still try to get cyberlink to fix the issues I uncover, but 90% of the time they can not reproduce my issue or give me the run arround. I hear arcsoft can be the same way. i still dream of the day when my windows media center does everything i want correctly including the 3rd party software like powerdvd.

Yes i agree my family is harrassing me everyday for not purchasing a reall blu ray player. Don't get me wrong they love what i did with the windows media center, but when it comes blu ray I did the worst possible thing.

Blu3sy [Avatar]
[Post New]
I solved the problem with hdcp compliant in bd advisor by uninstalling totalmedia theater and rebooting ... what the heck ?! here is my new log ...

If you read my diags you may see that I use 2701 version of powerdvd, I tried a lot of updates and other ones have problems with turning on the emiter or differents issues, I don't want to rollback to 1830 because it do not play my 3D bluray correctly either
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_YOP-YOP_2011_04_10_17_43_02.html
[Disk]
 Description
New BD advisor log
 Filesize
14 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
307 time(s)
Blu3sy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Btw any other 3D display choice seems to work correctly, I may try to set frequencies to default but I highly doubt it will solve the problem it's stable as a rock (I'm doing a lot of 3D renders with indirect lightning / raytracing calculations and a bunch of things that would crash my computer before powerdvd if it were not perfectly stable ^-^)
Blu3sy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is a dxdiag with stock frequencies, the problem is the same 3D text but no 3D movie.

A question I did not answered the bluray play smooth, the text is in 3D and displayed correctly for each eye, no problem but the movie is in 2D ^^
 Filename
DxDiag_Stock.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag_Default_Frequencies
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
163 time(s)
Gowing [Avatar]
[Post New]
PowerDVD full Version

Yes. PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark 2 Version 10.0.2710.51

PowerDVD Trial Verison?

No.

PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top - SR NUMBER IS NOT THE CD-KEY!!)

DVD110221-01

PowerDVD TR Number (if shown)

TR110301-018

Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Do you use administrator or restricted user account?

Administaror.

Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW?

Retail product.

Used VGA

Dual GTX470s.

Used VGA driver version

Used Audio device

Asus Xonar D2

Used Audio device driver version

The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS (default devices)

Current system setting (6 speaker) in PowerDVD. S/PDIF Pass-through Device and Speakers both selected in audio settings in OS. Both subtitled 2- ASUS Xonar D2 Audio Device.

Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version)

ATAPI BD O DH401S SCSI CdRom Device Driver 6.1.7600.16385

Used Display(s)

Acer GD235Hz

Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI)

Dual-link DVI

Whcih Display refresh rate do you use while Playback (24/25/50/60/120/...)

120Hz. Have tried 60Hz.

Are you using single or dual monitor environment

Single.

Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display)

(3D only) Please provide detail info about 3D setting in PowerDVD

Nvidia 3D VISION Ready Monitor selected. Left eye image first.

What kind of Antivirus SW are you using

I'm not using any.

The detailed issue description

Does not display in 3D on playback. Only menu overlays.

Filename
DxDiag4-10-2011.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
196 time(s)
Gowing [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry for not quoting, I'm having the same problem. Here's my info.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I solved the problem with hdcp compliant in bd advisor by uninstalling totalmedia theater and rebooting ... what the heck ?! here is my new log ...

If you read my diags you may see that I use 2701 version of powerdvd, I tried a lot of updates and other ones have problems with turning on the emiter or differents issues, I don't want to rollback to 1830 because it do not play my 3D bluray correctly either

Omg i dont believe that for the HDCP issue, but i guess stranger things have happened.

Blu3sy [Avatar]
[Post New]
In fact I tried to play my bluray after installing TMT and effectively hdcp was broken, I imediately got an error in powerdvd, I never seen this error before so it was this soft or BD advisor (the only softs I installed this afternoon and I thought that bd advisor cannot give that kind of issue) so I uninstalled TMT and no more issue with hdcp on powerdvd. Sooo if I want to read my 3D bluray now I have to install TMT and uninstall it after watching ... if not powerdvd will be broken, I hope cyberlink will find a solution, I don't want to bother with TMT and I am not really hurried
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am going to make a little list...

Operating system
JamesCossin Vista Ultimate SP2
Blu3sy Windows 7 64 bit SP1 french not sure version
Gowing Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Video Card
JamesCossin GTX 470
Gowing GTX 470
Blu3sy GTX 480

Video Card Driver
JamesCossin 266.58
Gowing 270.51
Blu3sy 270.51

Monitor
JamesCossin Acer H5360 (only plays 3d video at 1280x720p!)
Gowing Acer GD235HZ
Blu3sy Acer GD245HQ

Gowing and Blu3sy please review
can play Blu Rays fine in 2d?
Gowing Yes
Blu3sy Yes
can play DVD find in 3D with TT-3d?
Gowing Yes
Blu3sy Yes
can play games in 3D?
Gowing Yes
Blu3sy Yes
can play in total theatre trial in 3d?
Gowing Yes
Blu3sy Yes

I will try correcting this based off items i find digging through post, but if you see this first save me some time.

Where we stand as i see it.
Prove the monitor does do 3d in 1920x1080p, I think games max out at 1280x720p?
Is anybody using dual DVI connections to the monitor?

Blu3sy [Avatar]
[Post New]
My OS is Seven Intégrale which stand for Ultimate I think in english and legal

Blurays fine in 2D -> Yes
DVD with TT-3D (means normal DVD (no legacy 3D) with software 3D I assume) -> Yes
Games in 3D -> Yes
TotalMedia Theater trial 3D -> Yes

The monitor native resolution is 1920*1080 I linked the manufacturer site on page 4 I think (or 5)
I play games on 1920*1080 resolution too.
I use Dual-DVI connection only. I don't know if I have an hdmi 1.4 cable but the signal is the same in both case, digital.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: My OS is Seven Intégrale which stand for Ultimate I think in english and legal

Blurays fine in 2D -> Yes
DVD with TT-3D (means normal DVD (no legacy 3D) with software 3D I assume) -> Yes
Games in 3D -> Yes
TotalMedia Theater trial 3D -> Yes

The monitor native resolution is 1920*1080 I linked the manufacturer site on page 4 I think (or 5)
I play games on 1920*1080 resolution too.
I use Dual-DVI connection only. I don't know if I have an hdmi 1.4 cable but the signal is the same in both case, digital.

Please keep in mind my limited 3d vision experience...
It looks like 1920x1080 at 60hz only.
Please understand i am reading the USA english manual so i am probably wrong for yours, but similar.
I do not see a description of how the dual dvi input works.
So my question is if you take the monitor to single input only will it work? Right now that is common factor for you gowing is your both attempting to use Dual DVI and 3d blu ray playback.

I think this monitor wont do the 1920x1080 24hz for the 3d, but the 3d vision should override this. Only the HDMI 1.4 should require the 1920x1080 24p.

When you say that you play games at 1920x1080 you mean 3d mode right? IE 3d vision is overriding the HDMI 3dtv play limitation of 1280x720 at 60hz (720P). I am torn between a 3dtv or a 3d vision monitor and i as read the limitations they are placing on 3dtv i keep seeing things like that make me mad. Limiting a game to 720p

Confirm this on the monitor information screen.
Undyingtron [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 10, 2011 22:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I also have this issue and you can add me to your list. My first and only 3D movie purchase was Tron Legacy, and I have tried for 2 days to get it to play, but only the menus are in 3D and the playback is in 2D. Anybody who reads this entire thread knows the details of the issue, so I'm going to add a detail not yet specified accurately. The last version of Power DVD 10 that actually plays Tron Legacy in 3D is 2113. That version plays the movie in 3D but exhibits the frequent microstuttering issue that feels similar to random game lag. That issue makes the movie unwatchable on 2113. 3D Playback stops working starting with version 2325.

I am a Java programmer and enterprise application architect by trade, but it doesn't take my experience to know that something significant changed between these releases in the code itself. By focusing on what was delivered in version 2325, you might identify the actual cause of this issue.

I have included my specs below, but let me briefly summarize. I use 3D vision with the latest released drivers as of 4/10/2011 and a single GTX 480. I have an older (relatively speaking) 67 Inch Samsung DLP. I use HDMI to connect my 480 to the set. I have tried full 1080p and a lower custom resolution. There is only one way to get 3D playback using Power DVD and that is to roll back to version 2113, but as I said before it is still unwatchable.

I installed ArcSoft Total Media Theater 5 Trial and watched the entire movie and it was utterly flawless. Looked better than it did when I saw it in 3D on an IMAX screen. Obviously, if I had not already dropped 100 bucks on PDVD, I would not even bother to post this message. The solution then would be obvious. Uninstall PDVD and move on with my life, but I still want to get the most out of my investment before I move on. The next time a 3D movie is released on Blu-ray that I actually want to purchase, I will check to see if this issue is resolved. If it is not, I'm moving on and I won't be coming back. I don't plan on posting here patiently for 5 months like a gentleman.

PowerDVD full Version?

Yes. PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark 2 Version 10.0.2710.51

PowerDVD Trial Version?

No.

PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top - SR NUMBER IS NOT THE CD-KEY!!)

DVD110221-01

TR110301-018

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

administrator .

Retail product.

Used VGA

Single GTX480.

Used VGA driver version

Used Audio device

Sound Max Integrated Digital HD Audio aka Black Hawk

Current system setting (6 speaker)

LG Super Multi Blue Blu-ray disc Rewriter and HD DVD-Rom Drive
Firmware version YL05

Used Display(s)

Samsung HL67A750 67-Inch 1080p LED Powered DLP HDTV

HDMI

120Hz.

Single.

Nvidia 3D VISION Ready Monitor selected. Left eye image first.

Trend Micro (issue remains even if I turn this off)

Does not display in 3D on playback. Only dvd menu overlays display in 3D. Version 2113 actually displays movies in 3D, but is buggy. Version 2325+ 3D playback stops working.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
My DXdiag results
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
263 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2011 23:25

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

yes the monitors seem to be compatible:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-requirements.html

please check if you have removed the checkmark from the NVIDIA 3D-Vision control page that asks to disable 3D-vision on game start.

Please post me your mail adress if you are interested to be contacted by our RD team to investigate this issue

Br
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Romane [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 01, 2011 13:16 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Undyingtron !
I think that you have a mistake for the version number: it may be 10.0.2701.51, not 10.0.2751.51 ! My SR number is DVD110221-01 with a TR number TR110301-018 after the last update by ultrafree_DVD110221-01.exe. It works perfectly with my video card GTX560TI and Windows 7 32 bits. The 2D->3D conversion of DVD (only) also works. MR:
Furio [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 17, 2011 07:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I too have the same problem, menus are in 3D but any movie I play is flat.
Tested with several 3D titles, including Resident Evil Afterlife
I use nVidia 3D Vision

PowerDVD full Version
YES - PowerDVD 10 Mark II Version 10.0.2325.51

PowerDVD Trial Verison?
NO

DVD101124-02

TR101202-091

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

default account with adm rights,

Retail

Used VGA
nVidia EN GTX 580

Used VGA driver version
Video 266.58
3D Vision 266.58

Used Audio device
Embedded ASUS Realtech HD

Realtech 6.0.1.5859

Set on use current system settings (6 channels)

LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L (DVD Region 2, BD Region B)

Used Display(s)
LG W2363D

DVI

100 (monitor is capable of 120 but here in Italy it causes flickering due to the 50hz based power line)

Single

Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display)
N/A

Enabled, and set on automatic recognition of source format and output display. It enables 3D on the BD menus so I suppose the settings are correct

Avire Premium Securuty Suite 10

Only overlay menus are shown in 3d when playing 3D Blue-Ray

I enclose the Advisor and DxDiag logs

I don't have any problems with other 3D content (I succesfully play World of Warcraft and Starcraft II in 3D on this PC).
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_RX-78_2011_04_17_14_13_00.html
[Disk]
 Description
BlueRay Disc and 3D Advisor log
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
409 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag_64.txt
[Disk]