Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Great software but support absolutely sucks
Patrick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2008 12:42 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Downloaded software over the weekend. When triming video the program stops working and shuts down. Emailed problems to customer support. emailed back generic long list of things to try including reinstalling which i did. still did not fix problem.

paid the 29.95 to get to talk with a guy whom i cannot understand. sent him diagnostic info and told me to call back.

Here is why i am really pissed. started calling back at 7:30 this evening. after getting hung up on 4 times (the ole pick up the line and hang up) tried back for fifth time at 8:01. Recording changed "you have reached cyberlink customer service, we are open from 11 am central to 8 pm central. The freaking email receipt i received when i paid the 29.95 says they are open till 10 central.

Really like the software when it works but the customer service is a joke. Burns me to pay 29.95 to get support. Infuriates me to get hung up on so some jackass can go home on time.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Patrick,

The Trim issue has been reported on the forum and is presently being looked at by R&D at CyberLink. I don't want to press you for more data and rather sort one issue out (service to you) at a time.

If you could send me by PM your customer support number, your full name and email address (the one you used to purchase PD). If you can also summarise the issue encountered for them to read please - that would help. I'll ask Customer Support to contact you regarding the poor service you have encountered.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2009 03:02

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
No PM received.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 09. 2009 04:54

TulareJoe777 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tulare, Ca Joined: May 06, 2009 17:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I also got conned by the so called 'phone support'. These reps are in Taiwan and are difficult to understand, plus the sound quality is poor. I asked for a refund and got one. I suggest everyone do so - maybe Cyberlink will discontinue the sham. The software is great. Joe