CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Intel G33
Reply to this topic
Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 19, 2009 01:47 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I bought a PC with built in G33 chipset and HDMI output along with an LG Blue Ray drive and PowerDVD because you claimed to support it. In fact, you put out a press release to boast about it!!! So how is it that your advisor tells me that the video card and its driver are not supported. Trying to play a blue ray disc just pops up a dialog confirming that it is not supported. I click the link and the VERY FIRST item on the supported list is the Intel G33!!!!! What is going on here?

After reading horror stories about this on other forums, I upgraded to Vista as some claim that this works on Vista. Now I'm out another $200 and it still doesn't work!

I"ve installed the latest drivers from Intel. No joy.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Robert

-------------------------------------------

CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), a world leader in digital home solutions, announced today that Intel has demonstrated smooth, high quality video playback of HD DVD and Blu-ray with CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra and the latest Intel G33, G35, GM965, and G965 Express Chipsets. The demonstration was held at the Intel Developer Forum (IDF) in San Francisco.

CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra is optimized with for the Intel G33, G35, GM965, and G965 Express Chipsets and takes full advantage of Intel’s Clear Video Technology to deliver smooth high definition video playback. In addition, PowerDVD Ultra is also optimized for Intel Core 2 Quad processors. The optimization delivers a performance gain of 66% for PowerDVD Ultra’s frame-rate, which reduces heavy CPU load for playing back Blu-ray and HD DVD movie titles.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24. 2009 03:44

Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I found a newer version of the advisor tools on the website. The new version says my PC passes all tests. I think that might be even worse. Why does PowerDVD refuse to play - telling me that my video driver is unsupported????

Robert

--------------------------------------

CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz Yes
__dwItemID=1001__ : szLibCPUName = Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @
__dwItemID=1002__ : dwLibClockRate = 2335
__dwItemID=1003__ : dwLibFamily = 6, dwLibModel=15, dwLibStepping=11
__dwItemID=1004__ : dwLibNumPhysicalProc = 2, dwLibNumCorePerPackage=2, dwLibNumLogicalPerCore=0
__dwItemID=1005__ : dwLibCorePerPackage = 2, dwLibTotalLogicals=2
__dwItemID=1006__ : szWMIName=Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz
__dwItemID=1007__ : szWMIManufacturer=GenuineIntel
__dwItemID=1008__ : dwWMIMaxClockSpeed=2331
__dwItemID=1009__ : bBatteryExist=0
__dwItemID=1010__ : szGuess=Core 2 Duo E6550
CPU (Hardware acceleration) : No hardware decoder detected Yes
System Memory : 1024 MB Yes
Operating System : Windows Vista Yes
Graphics Card : Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family Yes
__dwItemID=1301__ : Adapter Compatibility: Intel Corporation
__dwItemID=1302__ : VideoProcessor: Intel(R) GMA 3100
Graphics card video memory : 320 MB
Graphics Card Driver : 7.15.10.1608 Yes
__dwItemID=1501__ : 2D Driver=
__dwItemID=1502__ : COPP=Yes
__dwItemID=1503__ : RGBOverlay=Yes
__dwItemID=1504__ : DEVICE=N/A
__dwItemID=1601__ : Driver 0:
__dwItemID=1602__ : [D:] HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GBC-H20L
__dwItemID=1603__ : eHCMDrvType=0x00046fc7
__dwItemID=1604__ : CDRom=1 DVDRom=1 BDRom=1 HDDVDRom=0
Blu-ray Disc Drive : [D:] HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GBC-H20L Yes
Software Player : PowerDVD 7.3.4617.0 Yes
Video Connection Type : Digital(with HDCP) Yes
Program version : 2.0.0609.0
System language : 0409 ENU English English
Time : Wed Feb 18 23:20:31 2009
Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]
In the hopes that I can save someone else from the nightmare of wasted time and money that I went through with this product, PowerDVD WILL NOT WORK WITH THE G33. Regardless of the fact that it is on the supported list. CyberLink sent me to Intel.

----------------------------------------

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD 7.3.

Please note that Intel G33 graphics drivers does not support Blu-Ray playback.

We suggest you to contact Intel support for further assistance regarding this issue.

Alban [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 11, 2009 18:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have the following configuration and encountered the same problem as Robert (message from Power DVD "graphic card not supported"):
- motherboard Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H (Intel G33 chipset)
- CPU Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz
- 2048 MB memory
- VISTA Home premium 32bits (SP1 - up to date - French language)
- latest Intel G33 driver 7.15.10.1637 dated 16/01/2009
- LG HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L ATA Device (retail version, newly purchased and installed)
- Power DVD v7.3.4617.0 (newly installed)

after many unsuccessful trials, updating the Intel graphic driver, the BIOS and all possible updates, I uninstalled the latest internet version of Power DVD (v7.3.4617.0) and re-installed the Cyberlink version delivered on the CD together with the retail LG BD player (Power DVD v 7.3). After re-install, when starting the first time Power DVD, I got the message "some critical components need regular update...would you like to update now" and answered "NO" instead of "YES". And guess what: it works, I could play a Blu-Ray without problem !!!

so now I can definitively say that Cyberlink is the guilty and not Intel as it is written in this post!!! Why is the latest Power DVD internet version not working when the "LG version" works?

I still have the problem that on my HTPC, I have 2 profiles: 1 administrator profile for maintenance and one "Media center" profile without administrator rights for all users (including children). Power DVD can now read Blu-Ray on the administrator profile but does not work on the "Media center" profile without administrator rights (I still get the message "graphic card not supported"). I suspect here that the uninstall and re-install procedure of Power DVD did not work fully and that some settings of the latest internet version are still remaining in this profile.

So dear Cyberlink, can you please support:
- by stopping telling that Intel is guilty and does not support Blu-Ray playback on the G33
- by correcting the advisor software which tells that the G33 is not ok whereas it works and whereas Intel + Cyberlink are both telling that it is supported on their web site
- by correcting the latest internet Power DVD 7.3 version so that it supports the G33 instead of systematically blocking it with a (wrong)graphic card check function
- by telling me how I can get Power DVD 7.3 working in a profile without administrator rights

Thanks in advance!
Alban [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 11, 2009 18:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I solved my problem by myself regarding the fact that
Power DVD was not playing BD in the profile not having administrator rights: In fact I found-out that Power DVD is only working if VISTA aero is active !!! If not, it says that the graphic card is not compatible and refuses to play the BD...???...

BD are now playing perfectly and smoothly. I just noticed that the processor is stronglw loaded (80% to 100%), which shows that Power DVD is not so nicely optimised and that the heavy CPU load is not really reduced as it is was announced on the Cyberlink site.

Additionally, the current power DVD 7.3 version available on internet still does not work (message graphic card not supported) even with VISTA aero active. Only the "LG" power DVD 7.3 version is working.

Dear Cyberlink, this is not acceptable. I expect to get support in the future with bug fix and updates for this newly purchased power DVD version !!!

Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Dear Cyberlink, this is not acceptable. I expect to get support in the future with bug fix and updates for this newly purchased power DVD version !!!

The thing that really burns me up is that if individual users such as yourself can discover all of this, you know that CyberLink is well aware of it.

Rather than complicate their test matrix or fix a bug, they simply pawn it off by saying it's Intel's fault and refuse to support it. Now, what's the excuse for continuing to list the G33 as supported hardware? Does PM not attend their meetings? Does marketing control the website and refuse to talk to anyone in dev?
Yann [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 01, 2009 10:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I had problem using PowerDVD 9 Ultra with a G33 Intel graphic card (on a Shuttle mini-PC).

Even after updating the driver of the graphic card to latest version, it was still saying that it was not supported.

Then I found out the solution : As you said, Windows Aero need to be enable to play Blueray (at least with the card) but PowerDVD is configured to automaticaly disable it when playing Blueray to save resources (how dumb is that ?!?).

So, here is the steps to play Blueray with a Intel G33 card under Vista :
1) Update to the latest driver
2) Make sure that the Aero theme is activated in Vista
3) In PowerDVD, go into the configuration, select the "Blu-ray Disc" tab,
click on "Advanced" and uncheck the case that "Allow PowerDVD to automaticaly disable Windows Aero..."

That's all...

PS: I dont think that its possible to use Aero on Vista Basic so playing Blueray on it probably wont work.
Jason Taylor [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 17, 2010 02:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have win 7 and it wont work either
Sven [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 08, 2010 09:59 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I managed to get it to work on Win 7 x64, by disabling aero and using a vista driver from the gigabyte site. Will try Win 7 32bit soon.
J [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 30, 2010 10:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
@Sven: Which driver did you use and how did you access the Vista driver from Win 7? Thanx.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 30. 2010 10:09

glen [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 04, 2011 20:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just tried the same... i have a dell 530 with e4500 2.2mhz g33 chipset, vista 32bit with "aero" theme. ... and STILL not working. According to the Press Release above, it should work.

Can someone, anyone help? Heck, even the BD diagnostic says that everything is green-lighted.
Reply to this topic