CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
the (80004005 unspecified error) matter. In PPv3.7
Reply to this topic
Saleem [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 29, 2009 17:30 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]

Please help out to resolve the (80004005 unspecified error) matter. In PPv3.
I bought LG DVD writer and your software come with it.
I try many time to burn DVD, but operation turn off after 10%,20% and some time in there60% and popup message about (80004005 unspecified error) .
I also try in three deferent computers to see how behavior of the program is. Also come out the same problem.
I try to get answer in your support forums but no solutions for this. So, please don’t refer me to search there. I also try many time uninstalling and reinstalling.
So, please don’t advise me all those above mention steps.
Come with which I should solve the problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2009 10:32

Elise [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 06, 2009 22:28 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. I've tried your suggestion Saleem, but it didn't work for my Window XP Waiting on support to show me the way...
Saleem [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Elise,
See what they said on this link;
Good LUck!

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/service/inquiry-response-page.do?pId=CS000608810&m=12610d1c914c1f8a61f32399a95033d2
Elise [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
Thanks for helping me. I can't get into the link you've sent me. Was it sent directly to your personal support page? It could be why I can't get in, my user info is different. I could send you my email for a copy and paste if you have time... I have a version 5
Saleem [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the issue:

1) Empty the contents of the C:\Windows\temp folder and C:\temp folder, if you have one. Then empty Recycle Bin.

2) Defragment your hard drive. DVD video files are very large and can quickly fill your hard drive to capacity. A fragmented hard drive can cause problems during DVD
Burning. Make sure to defragment your drive(s) regularly.

3) To avoid any compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software before you launch PowerProducer.

4) Increase Virtual memory:

1. Right click on "My Computer"
2. Select Properties -> Advance
3. Click on "settings” under Performance.
4. Select "Advance"
5. Click on "change" under Virtual memory.
6. Select "Custom" and enter initial value as "512" and Max value as "1024".

NOTE: If you’re existing settings are higher than recommended then leave them as before.

5) Please check whether the drive where you have installed Power Producer software has enough space on it. At least 5 GB of free space is required and recommended while burning a DVD.

Now, try to burn the DVD at low burning speed.

If the issue still persists, try to uninstall other CD/DVD burning software like Nero, EasyCD Creator and Direct CD etc. Two burning software’s installed on same computer are known to cause conflict due to common files in them.

Also disable the XP built-in burning software. To disable the Windows built-in burning software:

- Open My Computer.
- Right-click your CD-RW or DVD drive and click Properties.
- Select the Recording tab.
- Remove the check mark from the 'Enable CD recording on this drive' check box.
- Click OK.

Also make sure that the total size of the video does not exceed the disc limit. (It is recommended that the total size should be less than 4.3 GB)

Now, close all other software and utility applications and then try the 'Create a DVD folder' option in the burning options screen and let us know of the result.

If the DVD folder is burned successfully then it would mean that the problem is burner specific and not software specific.

If the issue still not resolved, you may need to reinstall the PowerProducer software. Uninstall other burning software’s, and then reinstall Power Producer.

Follow the steps given below to reinstall your PowerProducer. Before installing your program, please close your MSN messenger. Since we found that MSN
Messenger my lock some installation programs.

(a) Start --> Programs --> Cyberlink Power Producer (uninstall it)
(b) Reboot the computer.
(c) Re-install PowerProducer.

Now try again to 'Create a DVD folder'.

Go ahead with burning DVD only if the DVD folder is created successfully and without errors.

Elise [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your help M!
Still working on it. Came to the point that I had to uninstall the program, reload a trial, caught a *** virus with the trial (my bad I didn't notice I had a different host) ,reload the upgrade... and back to square one It's almost a full time job. Did the instructions given fix yours?
Saleem [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes this work for me.
Saleem
Charlie [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 21, 2015 19:56 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Not for me, I have a backup of full/clean install of XP used my ASR and having the same problem still...doing the same thing on 2 computers...sux
Reply to this topic