Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Feathering the edges of a clip
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all. Does anyone know a way of feathering the edges of a clip? I am superimposing several clips on lower tracks over the main clip on track one. This is not a problem but the clips have hard edges that I would like to soften to make the end result feel more natural. Any ideas?

Regards

Nigel
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all. Does anyone know a way of feathering the edges of a clip? I am superimposing several clips on lower tracks over the main clip on track one. This is not a problem but the clips have hard edges that I would like to soften to make the end result feel more natural. Any ideas?

Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Have you thought of highlightling the clips and using one of the feathered masks. They are customisable to suit your needs.

Just a thought Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all. Does anyone know a way of feathering the edges of a clip? I am superimposing several clips on lower tracks over the main clip on track one. This is not a problem but the clips have hard edges that I would like to soften to make the end result feel more natural. Any ideas?

Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Have you thought of highlightling the clips and using one of the feathered masks. They are customisable to suit your needs.

Just a thought

i did think of it but thought as my clips are moving and resizing across the screen it would be impossible. At least for me! It probably is not worth the hassle. I just thought that maybe I had missed a setting in the modify option.

Nigel
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
PD15 has masks that can be keyframed. Have not tried it that way yet.