CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Producer Gold, Mini DVs Windows XP ..Hard Drive Failure,...Power Producer 6, SDXC, Windows 10
Reply to this topic
Johhno [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 23, 2017 16:22 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Following an HD failure on my old XP machine cry (and much work to restore most of my lost photos, home movies {I'm still trying to rip from my old DVDs which I've discovered have degraded / got scratched and keep crashing my Blu Ray Burner but will play some of their content in a glitcy fashion yell}), I've been dragged into the modern world again with a Windows 10 machine which refused to run PP Gold. So, I've bitten the bullet and bought Media Suite 14 (mainly for Power Producer 6) a new HD Camcorder and Bridge Camera.

Burning Blu Rays, HD and recording formats are going to be a new world to me surprised, I'm still on Mini DVs, Capture and DVD burning, help! Any tips on the best running setup for recording format (AVHC MPEG?) etc to use and general good advice from the experienced out there would be really appreciated ! Thanks!

If I can't rip the old DVDs, the only way I an see of saving what I can is to get an HDMI capture card and capture what I can from a DVD player, anyone tried this? undecided
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Johhno,

Please describe what you want to do again. You want to convert your miniDV tapes video to blu-ray disc?
Johhno [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Johhno,

Please describe what you want to do again. You want to convert your miniDV tapes video to blu-ray disc?

Hi Summerj, primarily, I'm hoping for a bit of general advice on using an HD camcorder which records to a card and then burning to Blu Ray (I only have experience of capturing from mini DV and burning to DVD, so I need to relearn in terms of cards and Blu Ray), the best recording format to use on the camcorder, how much time I'll get onto a 25gb Blu Ray with a Panasonic HC-V160 EB-K Full HD Camcorder etc. There seem to be a range of mbps recording ratings with the different formats, MPG, AVHC etc etc.... Hopefully someone out there had some experience of the best combination of formats and burning techniques smile

Secondarily, I'l like to try to save (rip from disc or capture with an HDMI capture card) what I can from damaged DVD home movie discs, reburn to DVD and save as projects as backups, and also to put several DVD recordings onto one or two Blu Rays.

Thanks in advance!
Johhno [Avatar]
[Post New]
Maybe it's worth trying a different optical drive to read the DVDs.......?
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Maybe it's worth trying a different optical drive to read the DVDs.......?

for the old DVD videos, I suggest you use disc copy to duplicate the disc as an archive because DVD has better durability than blu-ray discs. and, if you burn them together into a blu-ray disc, it might be only able playback by you but others, because they don't have a blu-ray disc player.
Reply to this topic