Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 17 DVD Cover Aspect Ratio Incorrect
[Post New]
When My Library populates it initially displays a screen shot from the beginning of the video. So the aspect ratio of the cover art in the library is 16:9. Then it will find the title or folder jpg file with DVD art and attempt to display it. However, the aspect ratio remains 16:9 and does not display the entire cover art.

This did not occur in PowerDVD16. When it found the correct cover art, the aspect ratio would be correct.

If I manually right click, and select the same cover art which is displayed in the wrong aspect ratio, it will then correctly display the art. I would prefer not having to do this for 600 titles.

TV Mode works much better finding covers and displaying them correctly.
[Thumb - Correct.PNG]
 Filename
Correct.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Correct AR After Manual Config
 Filesize
414 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
88 time(s)
[Thumb - Wrong Ratio.PNG]
 Filename
Wrong Ratio.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Wrong AR
 Filesize
502 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
81 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 20. 2017 11:51

Hicham_B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jun 09, 2015 04:02 Messages: 1347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi blackcoffee,

We cannot download your attached pics. Could you reupload them?

Greetings
Hicham Technical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
[Post New]
Quote Hi blackcoffee,

Greetings
Hicham

Sure.

Wrong Ratio

Correct Ratio

These links should work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2017 06:13

DJJeremy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2015 21:39 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi blackcoffee,

Greetings
Hicham

Sure.

Wrong Ratio

Correct Ratio

These links should work.

blackcoffee, This would happen to me constantly in powerdvd16 when adding or removing titles from my media folder. It's only happened to me once in powerdvd17, but I haven't added many titles since the install. I was going through and having to reset the cover art individually until I started backing up the media database and when it would happen, I'd overwrite the current one with my backup and it would fix them all back.In windows just search for %localappdata% and inside the cyberlink folder, I'd zip up a copy of the PowerDVD16(17) folder. I'd do this before adding or removing titles in case this issue would occur. I never thought about asking support to look into it.
[Post New]
Quote Hi blackcoffee,

Greetings
Hicham

Sure.

Wrong Ratio

Correct Ratio

These links should work.

blackcoffee, This would happen to me constantly in powerdvd16 when adding or removing titles from my media folder. It's only happened to me once in powerdvd17, but I haven't added many titles since the install. I was going through and having to reset the cover art individually until I started backing up the media database and when it would happen, I'd overwrite the current one with my backup and it would fix them all back.In windows just search for %localappdata% and inside the cyberlink folder, I'd zip up a copy of the PowerDVD16(17) folder. I'd do this before adding or removing titles in case this issue would occur. I never thought about asking support to look into it.

Thanks for confirming the problem. Hopefully they can fix the problem, the app should make this work automatically.