Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Exact color matching (eyedropper)
WestPoint [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2017 04:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Simple question.

I often need to match colors (from logos etc) to text that I create but there seems to be no "eyedropper" type tool to exactly match select the color by seleting it from the screen? There is an eyedropper tool in chroma key tools but this does not identify the color for use elsewhere?

Any ideas how to do this ?

Thanks,

CJ
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi CJ -

Many of us occasionally have the same issue. My only answer is to use one of a vast array of Colour Picker type tools.

One I use regularly is ColorPic, but there are plenty of others.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
WestPoint [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2017 04:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi CJ -

Many of us occasionally have the same issue. My only answer is to use one of a vast array of Colour Picker type tools.

One I use regularly is ColorPic, but there are plenty of others.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony,

I have downloaded your little app and I can see that this will do the trick ... but

I can only get the cursor to travel ob=ver the extreme top lrft of my screen (even on minimum magnification). As you already use this do you know how to pick a color from the rest of the main screen?

Thanks,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmm -

Something's amiss there. My cursor goes where I point it.

There's a screen capture attached showing ColorPic with PDR14.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
ColorPic in PDR.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3459 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
338 time(s)
[Thumb - ColorPic Info.jpg]
 Filename
ColorPic Info.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
223 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
80 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2017 09:50

Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
The ColorPic window must be active. Since the window is always on top, it's easy to fail to make sure it is active.

When the window is active, its heading is in black font, otherwise it's grey/gray. You make it active by clicking anywhere within the window. It's further a good idea to select one of the squares, called Chips, just below the main menu at the top of the window if you want to worj with multiple colors. These store detected colors (at current cursor position) on presssing CTRL-G allowing to save custom palettes. It's a toggle action key shortcut releasing a color stored in a selected chip as well…
ynotfish
[Post New]
I'm not sure what the problem might be with your restricted cursor movement. Maybe some incompatibility with your system? ColorPic has always been a reliable little tool for me.

Some other possibilities:

Instant Eyedropper - http://instant-eyedropper.com/Just

Color Picker - http://annystudio.com/software/colorpicker/

ColorPix - http://www.colorschemer.com/colorpix_info.php

They all work in similar, but slightly different, ways.

Cheers - Tony