CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Windows Media Player will not work
Reply to this topic
Shortimers [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 10, 2017 22:22 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Is there another option besides Windows Media Player to use Power Director 12. I used it successfully for 2 weeks then got the message Windows Media Player has stopped working when I plugged in Flash Drives to my PC, they work in my TV. At the same time this message started I was no longer able to access the Camcorder or TV function under Capture on Power Director. After 3 unsuccessful sessions with Microsoft I am giving up hope they can fix WMP. What else can I do?
stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4624 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there another option besides Windows Media Player to use Power Director 12. I used it successfully for 2 weeks then got the message Windows Media Player has stopped working when I plugged in Flash Drives to my PC, they work in my TV. At the same time this message started I was no longer able to access the Camcorder or TV function under Capture on Power Director. After 3 unsuccessful sessions with Microsoft I am giving up hope they can fix WMP. What else can I do?

There were a lot of issues caused by a Windows 10 update a week ago. Microsoft issued a fix via another update. Did you try looking at the latest updates?
. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Shortimers [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Is there another option besides Windows Media Player to use Power Director 12. I used it successfully for 2 weeks then got the message Windows Media Player has stopped working when I plugged in Flash Drives to my PC, they work in my TV. At the same time this message started I was no longer able to access the Camcorder or TV function under Capture on Power Director. After 3 unsuccessful sessions with Microsoft I am giving up hope they can fix WMP. What else can I do?

There were a lot of issues caused by a Windows 10 update a week ago. Microsoft issued a fix via another update. Did you try looking at the latest updates?

My issue started around 2 weeks ago, and today when I had Microsoft on the phone the tech checked for updates, I believe, and did not find any, but mainly he just wanted to sell me an Assure service contract. I will recheck for any new updates.

Thank You!!
Shortimers [Avatar]
[Post New]

My issue started around 2 weeks ago, and today when I had Microsoft on the phone the tech checked for updates, I believe, and did not find any, but mainly he just wanted to sell me an Assure service contract. I will recheck for any new updates.

Thank You!!

I just finished an update from Microsoft as you suggested and the flash drive will now play as it did on my PC(progress) , but Power Director still will not allow me to click on the Camcorder or TV in Capture mode as it did 2 weeks ago, so I am still stuck trying to convert 18 8mm cassette tapes to the flash drive. Will NO other Media Player work with Power Director, Or are there other options for me?

Steve, I appreciate your suggestion/help.
Shortimers [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank You!!

Wanted to thank you again! I was able to get it working today after downloading the Windows update and then Right clicking PowerDirector and checking compatability issues, it says RichVideo was not installed, but now everytime I open PowerDirector I get that message,"Launch RichVideo" so I click Ok and it works, but I shouldn't have to do that each time should I??

Again THANK YOU so much. I really appreciate it. Got another tape converted today, 1 down 18 to go.

Thanks, Dwight
websiteee [Avatar]
Member Private Message Location: Arizona Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 75 Offline
[Post New]
Lots of new updates are coming every time. You should update your pc or media player to work properly. Still, you are facing the same problem then you can use help support.
Reply to this topic