Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ContentPack Essential for PowerDirector 15... where?
MegaSecurInc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2017 11:04 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am taking over an account from a previous employee who bought this software, and I need to re-install it on another computer. I only have the printed receipt with the product key, and account information from a password manager safe.

I have looked on the Website, in the member zone, but cannot find the file CyberLink_PowerDirector_ContentPack_Essential_PCP160714-011.exe that is listed on the printed recept.

Where can I download this file?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Your best path is to contact Customer Support and give them all the details you have on the original purchase.

They should then be able to provide you with a new download link for the right version etc.

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
MegaSecurInc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Your best path is to contact Customer Support and give them all the details you have on the original purchase.

They should then be able to provide you with a new download link for the right version etc.

As a customer, I find this irritating to not be able to have access to all available downloads directly for my purchase. I mean, I can download the app I bought, and the patch, but this ContentPack was also available, and it is nowhere to be found on the website. This both counter productive to them as it is for me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 09. 2017 10:38

Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I appreciate your frustration, but I stepped in to quickly point you in the only direction to speedily get you up and running. This is a member-member forum and no other member will be able to help directly in this matter.

All the members here who contribute are private individuals helping others out where they can.

Cheers

PoweerDirector Moderator

- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
MegaSecurInc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I appreciate your frustration, but I stepped in to quickly point you in the only direction to speedily get you up and running. This is a member-member forum and no other member will be able to help directly in this matter.

All the members here who contribute are private individuals helping others out where they can.

My last comment was not specifically addressed to you, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I still wish someone have and is willing to paste the link to that file in here, though
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

My last comment was not specifically addressed to you, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I still wish someone have and is willing to paste the link to that file in here, though
The only people that can give you a link to the software is Cyberlink Support.

Anybody else would violate the copyright. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

MegaSecurInc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The only people that can give you a link to the software is Cyberlink Support.

Anybody else would violate the copyright.

Yeah, I got the link this morning, and they have setup a custom .htaccess (or similar) with basic HTTPAuth with it, with a temporary user/pass.

Still, they would save themselves and us (customers) a lot of hassle if they actually had a proper download center.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
You have to be realistic and accept that very few companies will facilitate software piracy willingly. I find the way that Cyberlink sell and distribute software is works perfectly well provided that customers read instructions and do the sensible thing i.e. back up their downloads safely.
Barraud [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2022 13:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am taking over an account from a previous employee who bought this software, and I need to re-install it on another computer. I only have the printed receipt with the product key, and account information from a password manager safe.

I have looked on the Website, in the member zone, but cannot find the file CyberLink_PowerDirector_ContentPack_Essential_PCP160714-011.exe that is listed on the printed recept.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2022 14:32

[Post New]
Quote I am taking over an account from a previous employee who bought this software, and I need to re-install it on another computer. I only have the printed receipt with the product key, and account information from a password manager safe.

Hi,

The only way to get a new download location is to contact Customer Services (see link in signature).

If you can provide the information necessary to validate the original purchase and registration, they should be able to give you a time limited download location for your version.

For standalone versions(not subscription versions) you would be well advised to take a backup copy of your installation files and keep them in a secure location in case of a system failure or similar.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.