Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Some files missing
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
What did I do ?

Used PD last night everything was fine. Did what I normally do when shutting down.

Turn on this morning and all my projects.....ALL my projects say Cyberlink can not open because some files are missing. I ignore all and they open but missing many files within the project. Audio, PIP, Particles, Raw images etc.

All files and projects were saved on an external hard drive.

Files appear to still be on drive but any projects saved prior to render are compromised.

This looks bad.

Please advise.

Thanks

Scott ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It does seem that the external drive letter which is dynamic has changed. Did you remember what it was last night and what is now? Write down that drive letter on paper. Try to remember the exact sequence in which you connected that external drive along with the others like maybe a couple of flash drives at different times and repeat that.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

This post might explain in a bit more detail why you have your problem:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51117.page#post_box_268421

Have a look at a COPY of your .pds file in notepad. See if you can find the section with the hard coded file paths and that will show the drive letter of the external drive when you saved the project.

Take great care when operating with external drives, as windows can change them and it then appears that all your assets have gone walk about.

You should be able to get everything back with a bit of extra work.

Cheers

Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2017 15:02

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Ok. I think I created my own problem. I Changed the main folder name where I export my projects to. Drive letter is thr same. This is most likely the problem.

I hope.

Now if I go back and change it back to exactly what it was should that fix it ?

I cant do anything until tomorrow when I am home. Been stressing about this all day.

Thanks for putting up with this newb.... ____________________________________

Peter Podder
[Post New]
Changing the folder names back fixed it ! Your combined suggestions made me think about file paths and such.

Dumb of me not to realize this but it was 3:00 am.

Thanks so much for your assistance and shared knowledge.

Scott ____________________________________