Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Re-Activation
neof1z [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Greece Joined: Jan 12, 2012 17:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.I want to reset my Windows 10 pro Pc because i have some problems. Is it possible to re-activate powerdvd 16 ultra?
Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. You can install and reinstall PowerDVD as much as you want.
neof1z [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Greece Joined: Jan 12, 2012 17:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes. You can install and reinstall PowerDVD as much as you want.

Thanks!!!!!!!!
[Post New]
Quote Yes. You can install and reinstall PowerDVD as much as you want.

Bogdan, that's not technically true.

There is a watchdog built into the software activation, so that if you try to activate the same licence key too many times, it will be locked out. I've experienced this myself when I had some hardware failures on my PC (not related to PowerDVD), and had to re-install Windows and all my applications several times. After a certain number of times, I got an error message saying that my activation had been locked.

But Cyberlink tech support removed the lock, after I answered a few questions and submitted a couple of report files (dxdiag among them, from memory) to show I wasn't trying to install the same licence on multiple machines.