CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Contemplating Email Address Change - future possibility
Reply to this topic
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Australia (Port Stephens area, NSW) Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
I've recently acquired the National Broadband Network here in Australia, which is fed via a hard-wired modem to my computer. rather than the little modem "dongle" which looks like a flash-drive supplied by my current email/internet service provider, Virgin Broadband.

What I am contemplating is: switching my email server to (possibly) that of my new internet service/home phone provider. I want to know if it's possible to keep my existing password(*********) and forum identity, Neil.F.1955.

The asterisk(*) is NOT part of the password, it is there to draw attention to it and ask that it will NOT do be divulged to anyone beyond administration.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2017 03:40

CyberLinkForum-Admin
Administrator Private Message Location: Xindian Dist., New Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.) Joined: Jun 29, 2012 04:52 Messages: 153 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Neil,

Your forum user account is linked to your CyberLink Member Zone account.

If you want to change that email address for CyberLink Member Zone account, you can, but you need to contact customer service to do that:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

I am not sure if customer support would reset your password if you changed your email address. Please ask them to confirm this when you submit the email change request.

Regards,

Admin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2017 03:49

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Australia (Port Stephens area, NSW) Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not planning to do this immediately, I'm simply weighing up my options. As it happens, the company through which I hooked up to the National Broadband Network, does not provide an email service of their own, but instead directs their customers to either "hotmail" or Google's "G-mail".

Neil.F.1955
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 3517 Offline
[Post New]
Your forum user account is linked to your CyberLink Member Zone account.

If you want to change that email address for CyberLink Member Zone account, you can, but you need to contact customer service to do that:

Maybe, but I've changed mine before without customer service, I did it with the general Cyberlink Member Zone membership area https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/member/service/index.do?lang=ENU with "Change my email" or specifically this link https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/member/service/change-email.jsp?lang=ENU

Jeff
 Filename
CL_Email.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
133 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
150 time(s)
Reply to this topic