CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Poor customer service.
Reply to this topic
Sayjimwoo [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 05, 2010 20:56 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I own PowerDVD 16 and I have had many recent hardware changes, my last one was for a Z270 motherboard i7 7700k cpu.

I formatted as usual, but when it came to installing/activating PowerDVD 16, a message came up saying I had used up all my activations and to contact Cyberlink support for assistance.

This couldn't be simpler, I have no technical issues, no computer or software problems of any kind. This should be a doddle for support and no more difficult than a simple click of a button on my account to refresh my activations........BUT NO.

I received a completely generic pre-typed reply, wanting to know all my system details to help resolve my problem??? Did they even read my initial query. I then told them I don't have any issues and that my activations are exhaused and that Cyberlink need to reset them. Then they replied saying they need all my computer details to help solve my problem, including a screen shot of the message to get to the bottom of it.

Are these guys serious???

I eventually sent them everything they asked for and then I have nothing back since. I am now into day 3 and I am completely locked out of my product.

Cyberlink support is obviously just a call centre where they throw text book responses to you with no real knowledge of the software in question.

Edit - Just received a 4th support email literally seconds ago....my problem has been escalated to the Research & Development team to try and resolve this???

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Jan 12. 2017 19:45

Reply to this topic