CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
downloading overlays from directorzone - help?
Reply to this topic
AshleyNJones82! [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 16, 2016 18:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i am trying to download some overlays from the photo editor tab. They are acting like they are downloading and then i hit "open" and it runs and says something like...sucessfully downloaded - but not sucessfully installed??? why are they not coming over to Photo Director 8??? Please help
[Post New]
Hello Ashley,

Welcome to the DirectorZone forum! "laughing"

Whether you download & install directly from DirectorZone or from within PhD8, your downloaded overlays will appear in the same place.

In PhD8, under Edit > Overlay, there are 4 categories: 1. Light Leak 2. Grunge 3. Scratch 4. Lens Flare. Some overlays come pre-installed.

If you download, say, a Lens Flare ovewrlay (as I just did) it will appear in the Overlay > Lens Flare category underneath the pre-installed overlays. See image below:

""

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
CS2014
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 626 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PIX - I sucessfully dld the 'Album' template ... but I can't seem to find it ?!?!? I looked in the transitions, templates, particle, and fx 'rooms' and can't seem to locate it (PD13). Weird... once I dld it - where does a template usually show up? I haven't dld one for a while as you can guess.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
[Post New]
Quote Hi PIX - I sucessfully dld the 'Album' template ... but I can't seem to find it ?!?!? I looked in the transitions, templates, particle, and fx 'rooms' and can't seem to locate it (PD13). Weird... once I dld it - where does a template usually show up? I haven't dld one for a while as you can guess.

CS

If all goes well with DirectorZone downloads & installation, you should find your downloaded template in the appropriate module of the software.

In your case, CS, you've installed the Album template which is a Magic Style template. You should find it in Magic Style & Magic Movie Wizard, neither of which are listed alphabetically for some obscure reason. Look for "Modern Album" near the bottom of the list.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
CS2014
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 626 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the response. I have not used Magic Movie Wizard before - found it under the 'Edit' tab across the top of the home page of the PD13 editor.

I thought the template would end up in one fo the effects rooms or somewhere like that. O well. NOt sure I'll use this template as I'm not sure if I have controll over how to modifly it or not.

Well, at least I learned where Magic Movie Wizard is located. THanks again.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
Reply to this topic