Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smartsound Purchase
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All By chance I saw that Smartsound had a Xmas sale and I took the opportunity to buy an album through their website. Now I am lost! How on earth do I get it into PD14? I hope someone can explain as I am loath to write off the purchase price.

Thanks in advance.

Nigel
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi All By chance I saw that Smartsound had a Xmas sale and I took the opportunity to buy an album through their website. Now I am lost! How on earth do I get it into PD14? I hope someone can explain as I am loath to write off the purchase price.

Thanks in advance.

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Try placing the file at: C:\program data\SmartSound software inc.\sound files

I hope it works for you

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If I recall correctly, you must open the Smartsound module in PowerDirector, and then insert the SS disc, then follow the prompts.

If you ordered only the music, not on disc, follow this link... Smartsound Support

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 13. 2016 11:18

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Nigel

Try placing the file at: C:\program data\SmartSound software inc.\sound files

I hope it works for you

Robert

ok I will try that. I had a look at that folder though and I saw that the files there all had a strange extension. The file I downloaded is a .wav file. Not at my PC at the moment but I will update you in due course.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 02. 2017 19:53

collie581 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Barry

That looks more promising. I did not see the mention of CyberLink when I followed the instructions sent with the Invoice.

Thanks

Nigel
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If you find yourself enamored of Smartsound, then I suggest SonicFire Pro, the mother ship of Smartsound. It's not overly expensive, and you will get a free album/collection with the purchase, and some sound FX, too. You'll think you suddenly became a Maestro. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
collie581 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Barry you are a genius!! It worked a treat. I thought I had wasted my $59!

Thanks

Nigel