Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can i zoom out after rotating in PD15?
HookeyLukey69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2016 07:53 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Okay, so I realise this might be categorised by some of you as a Headline Feature for "STQ: Silly Question Time" but....

I was in a small room recently while shooting some footage with my MiniDV camera. Since I couldn't fit everything in within the confines of the room, I decided to flip the camera sideways thinking I could easily rotate it in PD15 later (after all it's not a Hollywood movie)!

I was easily able to rotate it but the bottom half (what would have been the side of the image originally) was chopped off. Is there anyway I can "zoom/pan out" in PD15?

I know it's a crazy question and, I assure you, I don't normally capture footage sideways. Nor do I drink... LOL
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I was easily able to rotate it but the bottom half (what would have been the side of the image originally) was chopped off. Is there anyway I can "zoom/pan out" in PD15?

First make you’re your aspect ratio is correct whether you selected 4:3 or 16:9. Highlight and rotate the clip like you did. Grab the little white balls on the left or right of the video on the preview screen and move them horizontally in toward the center and reposition the clip. Now you should be able to see the whole clip. It is that easy.

Let us know if this fix your problem. LOL.
HookeyLukey69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2016 07:53 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I was easily able to rotate it but the bottom half (what would have been the side of the image originally) was chopped off. Is there anyway I can "zoom/pan out" in PD15?

First make you’re your aspect ratio is correct whether you selected 4:3 or 16:9. Highlight and rotate the clip like you did. Grab the little white balls on the left or right of the video on the preview screen and move them horizontally in toward the center and reposition the clip. Now you should be able to see the whole clip. It is that easy.

Let us know if this fix your problem. LOL.

This worked! Thank you very much for the help... I hadn't realised that I could "grab" and adjust the preview screen as I'd never directly clicked on it in over 5 years of using Cyberlink products!

Kudos to you tomasc :