Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 15 Ultimate Upgrade
DigitalMan [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Pennsylvania Joined: May 17, 2016 10:06 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDirector 14 Ultimate. Is it worth the upgrade to 15? Also, my version 14 came with AudioDirector 6. Will that still work if I upgrade since 15 Ultimate does not come with AudioDirector. Upgrade ends in 4 hours Ugh. So hopefully someone responds soon.
[Post New]
Quote I have PowerDirector 14 Ultimate. Is it worth the upgrade to 15? Also, my version 14 came with AudioDirector 6. Will that still work if I upgrade since 15 Ultimate does not come with AudioDirector. Upgrade ends in 4 hours Ugh. So hopefully someone responds soon.

v15 comes with audiodirector 7. Personally I wish it didn't as it might bring the cost down more, or it should as they keep saying it's saving loads off the full price, but I have no choice as it's included. I don't need it.

Whether you feel it's worth the 'upgrade' is subjective, do you need 360 deg camera editing? Not much beyond that, except ongoing bug fixes... Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 Mainboard : Intel i7 2700k @ 3.6ghz: 12 gb DDR3 Kingston ram:
2TB WD Black HD's: Asus GTX970 4gb ram: Windows 10 Pro 64bit:

Scottjd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2016 03:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have PowerDirector 14 Ultimate. Is it worth the upgrade to 15? Also, my version 14 came with AudioDirector 6. Will that still work if I upgrade since 15 Ultimate does not come with AudioDirector. Upgrade ends in 4 hours Ugh. So hopefully someone responds soon. :)

v15 comes with audiodirector 7. Personally I wish it didn't as it might bring the cost down more, or it should as they keep saying it's saving loads off the full price, but I have no choice as it's included. I don't need it.

Whether you feel it's worth the 'upgrade' is subjective, do you need 360 deg camera editing? Not much beyond that, except ongoing bug fixes...

I would like to know why only a few months after buying 14 that the continued bug fixes only seem to be on 15 now.

And how can they concider it an upgrade price. Cyber monday special going on for PD15 with Audio 7 for $69, but I know someone 15 days ago that was also for $69. So then if I want to upgrade it shows my price is $65, wow a wopping $5 saved for being a customer already that paid over $100 originaly less then 6 months ago. I still have bugs, issues, and have not seen an update for any bugs since the first month I owned it. So is this going to be one of these companies that makes you buy the new version to get the bug fixes and what you were originaly promised?
Seems a little shady on the priing and the fact that I still cant edit AVCHD format without it crashing every 8 minutes. Other little bugs that anoy me also. And why is the upgrade only $5 less then the full price for the last 15 days that I know of for sure.

I would think being a customer that bought it this year I would have had a free upgrade since it includes some of these bug fixes. I would have thought upgrades wouldnt be the same price as for new customers. I made a huge mistake buying some big package with a lot of effects that I would never use to begin with also, my fault. I wont make that mistake again with all the add one that came in 15 differernt installs and just take up drive space. Other programs that I will never use, and one that I cant use like wave edit because the text is so small on a modern day computer I cant eve read the menus, so I dont even know if I would use this because I cant see the features. I should consider this anoher bug not yet fixed I guess.

Scott

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2016 07:42

JonathanS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2016 19:53 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have PowerDirector 14 Ultimate. Is it worth the upgrade to 15? Also, my version 14 came with AudioDirector 6. Will that still work if I upgrade since 15 Ultimate does not come with AudioDirector. Upgrade ends in 4 hours Ugh. So hopefully someone responds soon.
I picked it up for additional masking and crop/zoom functionality. Being able to crop a 16:9 video into a vertical rectangle on one side was useful to me, and to have masking that moves.

I was, however, promised that audio would be better. I purchased it, installed it, and found out that it wasn't. It's still maxed out at 384 kbps. I asked about it, and got brushed off. Also, my titles are screwed up.