CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Volume - Audio Control Not Working - Found a Fix !!!
Reply to this topic
Davidmp [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 12, 2016 20:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had an issue with volume control not working within Power DVD 16 Ultra. I had to manually turn the volume control on my Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System to make any adjustment. I have a Realtech audio card using Optical outin Windows 10.

I found the following to work and I can control the volume with my keyboard or within Power DVD now.

Go to Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback scrolled down to my Realtek Digital Output(Optical) then click on properties. In properties go to the advance tab and uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"

This worked! Good luck and hopefully it will work for everyone else.

Thanks,

David
DeLorean75 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 20, 2009 11:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I had an issue with volume control not working within Power DVD 16 Ultra. I had to manually turn the volume control on my Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System to make any adjustment. I have a Realtech audio card using Optical outin Windows 10.

I found the following to work and I can control the volume with my keyboard or within Power DVD now.

Go to Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback scrolled down to my Realtek Digital Output(Optical) then click on properties. In properties go to the advance tab and uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"

Thanks,

David

Worked for me too! Thanks, David.

I had the issue on the NVIDIA DisplayPort to my ASUS monitor, but the solution was the same as above.
Coastie1 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 15, 2016 22:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Here it is, June 2020 and found your post. Followed it for my particular sound card & worked perfectly. Was really driving me crazy not being able to use my keyboard or mouse to control volume while watching movies on my computer. Thanks!
Khennycool [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 13, 2020 21:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I had an issue with volume control not working within Power DVD 16 Ultra. I had to manually turn the volume control on my Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System to make any adjustment. I have a Realtech audio card using Optical outin Windows 10.

Thanks,

David

Thank you for saving us frustration. Was driving me crazy and none of the other threads on all forums I searched mentioned the issue for all their versions but did not provide a working solution.
Reply to this topic