Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
360 video on YouTube
confusedofmiltonkeynes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2016 11:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone managed to successfully upload a 360-video from Cyberlink PD 15 to YouTube?

I can edit the video (a 2:1 ratio panaoramic image) and see the 360-degree controls. But as soon as I process the video in PD15, the preview screen shows the scroll controls as being removed, and when uploaded to YT, the video treated as an "normal" video in playback.

I have no idea if I'm missing something basic, or PD15 is flawed for 360-uploads. I have been through the hlep files, etc., and there is nothing to explain anything I don't already appear to be doing.

The same image will (eventually) upload using Google's YT "fixing" tool to add scrolling capabilities (although that is also problematic at times, and doesn't allow for image annontation as Cyberlink claim is possible using PD15), so the issue doesn't appear to be YT stripping the controls out during processing.

Any ideas / pointers appreciated.
[Post New]
I should add that as soon as the START button is clicked, PD15 disables the 360-degree icon in the uploader, and uploads a flat image.

Testing against a video file results in the same: the 360-dgree icon is disabled, the controls are removed and the video rendered as a standard 2D video.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I went crazy trying to figue out the problem then I read the YouTube small print. It could take up to one hour for YouTube to "convert" the uploaded video to 360. It is availble in 2D before that.

You may also want to try the 360 video uploader in YouTube. The directions are somewhat screw up for my set up but I'm sure you can figure it out.

Upload a short 360 video and then wait for an hour to see if it gets converted.

I'm still playing with resolution because I get a lot of buffering uploadng a 2 minute or so video.

What 360 camco9rder are you using?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2016 13:10

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
SteveK - Thanks for that. I waited some 70+ mins when uploading ... but will give it another go.

I'm not actually capturing motion video, I'm producing a stitched mosaic of still images which are converted to 2:1 as a panoramic view & attempting to get PD15 to convert that to a suitable MP4 with the necessary controls.

I've used the Google injector - or tried to. It ran successfully for me once, but now simply falls over without any processing. Fun!
Stephanie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2016 21:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having similar issues... after I have edited my Samsung 360 videos in Action Director I can't seem to upload my videos to YouTube without it converting back to a flat video.
I have tried injecting it with the Windows metadata program as YouTube says to for 360 videos. Then once I try to upload the injected video it will only show up as a flat video. I also have waited well more than an hour (even days) to see if it will convert to a 360 video on YouTube - no luck!

I have even tried using the very easy YouTube or Facebook set up that is on the Action Director's program to upload directly from there - still no luck.

I feel like I may be missing something very easy here, but can not for the life of me figure out what it is that I need to do to make it show up as a 360 video on YouTube.

Any more advice out there?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Edited:

Are you trying to watch the video/projects on your smart phones or are you watching them on your computer and monitor?

I can watch the video at 360 on my computer and on my Samsung S5.

Ignore the content and the overstuffed person holding the camcorder. You only need to watch a few seconds to see if it is 360 for you. This was my first attempt after I got the camcorder. Do you see it in 360?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sadQQ3vo94M

For computers, you must us something other than Windows EDGE ir IE. (I use Chrome.)

If you don't feel that it is an intrusion, post the link to one of your video/projects so we can look at them.

If you use the YouTube uploader, remember to select the video with the word "Injected" to the title.

Confused, I haven't make a project of any kind using the program. I have uploaded a single file both through the program and through the YouTube uploader.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 11. 2016 09:00

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
LostTarget [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2008 11:38 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Using Edge and can view the YouTube 360 vieo. A bit of camera shake but understand a test.
[Post New]
YouTube needs some time to create 360 viewer after uploading, just like FullHD/4K quality. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
stevek
[Post New]
LostTarget and the King, The question is why the original posters can't see their 360 video as 360. I gave them some suggestions and an example do you have other suggestions?

Unfortunately Confused and Stephanie have't responded in any way. Too bad, their responses would have helped other people.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 12. 2016 07:28