CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
fast way to have downloaded particles show up inside power dir 14 in the particle window
Reply to this topic
Gil_fromaustintx0404 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: near Austin, TX Joined: Mar 31, 2012 03:36 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Insidee power direcgtor 14 after selecting the particle tab, the window shows 137 downloaded and I know I have over 5 thousand so I don't want to select and enter and then open each individual one so what's the fast way of doing this.

I have gone into the media tab and have tried to import the folder there but it

doesn't do it. I don't think this is the step I am suppose to do.

I get: "an error occured while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, protected video content, or for another reason. Try contacting your video provider for a different video format."
[Post New]
Hello Gil (from Austin, Texas)

Welcome to the DZ forum laughing

Am I to understand that only 137 of your 5000+ particle templates are displayed in the Particle library? Are you trying to get access to particle templates you've downloaded previously?

To appear in the library, the particle templates must be stored in C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Effects\Particle Effects Could you please check how many 'pipxxx" subfolders are present?

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Newbie Private Message Location: near Austin, TX Joined: Mar 31, 2012 03:36 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
138 ones. do I select all the particles on my downloads folder and move them to the c:/users/public/cyberlink/downloadedeffects/particle effects folder
[Post New]
I think that's unlikely to work.

When you download/save particle effects they are in .dzp format

If so, you need to reinstall them by double clicking.

If they were a set of folders named "pipxxx" you could copy and paste them to the folder posted above.

I'm afraid I cannot tell why your previously installed templates are not showing up.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
I moved them to the specified directory but they still are not
showing up in power director 14 in the particle selection window.
[Post New]
well, can you imagine doubleclicking to 5 thousand particles
[Post New]
I don't know about the foldes pipxxx or why they aren't there where I saved the downloaded particle templates. The 138 ones are recent ones I downloaded since I had my operating system reinstalled. and the others I just transferred from my old hard drive to a new one.
[Post New]
Thanks in advance.
Reply to this topic