CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disk Usage and Capacity
Reply to this topic
gerard268 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Brick NJ Joined: Aug 15, 2016 10:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Newbie. My first BD movie attempt. I have a 2 disk home movie, each burned on BluRay. The first disk was excellent in clarity and definition.

The 2nd disk: troublesome.

So the main question is: How come when I add specifically an m2ts video that is 6 Gig, the progress bar only goes up to 2500 Meg (or 2.5 Gig). Other videos as I added them did similarly. Odd, because on my first disk, as the videos were added the progress bar went up in exact proportion to the size of the video I selected.

After all, when I burned the 2nd Blu-Ray disk the visual fidelity was not as good as the first one. It's almost as if PowerProducer is letting me know it's going to compress it; it didn't do that on the first disk. Compression would explain the poorer quality on the 2nd. I've tried this on 2 BD-RE disks. Same result.

I'm pixilated. Keep everything as simple as possible; but not simpler. - Albert Einstein
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
hi Gerard,
Where are the m2ts videos from? Are they same video source that you tried to burn onto 1st disc and 2nd disc? If yes, then PowerProducer should treat them as same video format and shouldn't compress the video on 2nd disc.

Another clue is, did you set same video output profile for disc 1 & 2?
gerard268 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Brick NJ Joined: Aug 15, 2016 10:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same video output profile. Interesting- makes sense. Is that under the configure button? What subtle thing is under there that would have such a dramatic effect. Will check that, unless that's not where video output profile is. Thanks for the help.

m2ts the an acceptable video type ..was created when I image burned bd output to the hard drive using movie magic software. So I opened those folders and used those files like 0001.m2ts or 0002.m2ts Keep everything as simple as possible; but not simpler. - Albert Einstein
Reply to this topic