Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pulldown issue?
[Post New]
I'm struggling with trying to find out where to start troubleshooting a problem I'm having.

I have issues with DVD playback, where every few seconds there is a 'stutter' like a frame is inserted or removed in a fashion. It's every few seconds, it's very easy to notice so that if you pay attention at all it's very annoying.

I recall researching this before on a different system; I believe it is a pulldown issue? If I recall correctly at that time, it was at a time when graphics cards didn't handle this too well. Upgraded graphics cards fixed the problem. Long story, but I shelfed the whole HTPC thing for many years since then.

I built a new HTPC last year, but finally getting around to really using it:

• Intel NUC5i7RYH with an Intel Iris Graphics 6100 graphics card

• Windows 10 64 bit, all latest updates

• Using PowerDVD 15

• There was a setting upon startup the first time where PowerDVD asked to automatically match the refresh rate. I chose "Yes".... can NOT find where to turn this off to troubleshoot if this is an issue; don't know if it is

• DVDs are ripped to folder (via AnyDVD HD)

• Playing directly off an M.2 SSD- Using a Samsung UN75F6400AF TV as the monitor

• Over a few nights, I've poked into every setting I can find (in PowerDVD, the Intel Graphics settings, Windows graphics settings).

• Should be latest drivers installed.

Any suggestions from a PowerDVD perspective? Thanks!
[Post New]
Let me ask a specific question to help me work through this.

How can you disable the Auto match refresh feature? I swear I have looked through the settings and just can't find it... I know it should be there!

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2016 05:58

Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
I'm going to say it's not a pull down issue.
I'm still running version 14, but I think it's pretty much the same. Click on the "Gear" icon and go to general settings.
Scroll to the bottom and there should be an option there to reset "Never ask again" dialogs.

I'm more familiar with Blu-rays and I have my cards refresh rate set to 23.976 refresh rate and even with this setting I can get Cyberlink asking me to match the refresh rate of the disc even though I know it's correct, so I just close it and ignore it.

Most Blu-rays are filmed at 23.976 fps with the odd one at 24 fps, most of those are out of the UK, but some are imported into the North Amaerican continant, are changed to region "A" , but are still 24 fps. An example of this is "The Christmas Candle".

With a DVD, a refresh rate can be 60, 59.94, 30 or 29.976 fps.
Try these different refresh rates until stutter stops.
Start with 30 Hz in your Irises control panel.

I don't what refresh rates your Samsung monitor supports, but the various refresh settings will show up in the control panel if they are available.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2016 15:28