Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Something I noticed yesterday(Australian time)
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
I visited a local reseller/agent for Jaycar Electronics in the industrial area of Salamander Bay(not too far from my home) On a shelf near the back of the store were two remaining packages for K-World VHS-to-DVD conversion kits, including their capture device, plus, I suspect, an OEM version of Power Director 10(probably Delux). Just mentioning an observation, nothing more.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Neil.F.1955,
I have had a Kworld USB interface device for years and yes it did come with a cut down version of PowerDirector, if I recall correctly, PDR5. I had no need to use the cut down packed PDR version. USB interface devices are widely available - look on ebay etc. The Kworld device worked fine for me and I still use it when I have need.
Dafydd
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Neil.F.1955,
I have had a Kworld USB interface device for years and yes it did come with a cut down version of PowerDirector, if I recall correctly, PDR5. I had no need to use the cut down packed PDR version. USB interface devices are widely available - look on ebay etc. The Kworld device worked fine for me and I still use it when I have need.
Dafydd

Dafydd,

When I bought mine, KWorld had moved on from PD5, to that other version you don't like me mentioning, but when I visited that Jaycar stockist a couple of days back, I swa that KWorld were including PD10 as part of their package, albeit a(probable) OEM version. If I remember, that first-ever device I bought, the Avermedia capture(crappy audio quality through it) had the full version of PD5, complete with CDKey as part of an editing suite disc that also included Power Producer 4 in it. I installed PP but hardly ever used it.

I just wanted to point out which version of PD KWorld were packing in their VHS-to-DVD kits these days. Nothing more than that.

Neil.