Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to editing draw on video?
James1989 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: hanoi Joined: Apr 16, 2016 12:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just create my computer technique course so i have to record my screen computer. I have show my IP address on browser in that video. Now I want to use brush, draw on my video for hide it. How to do that with Power Director 14? please tell tutorial step by step.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2016 16:21

Lost dad. Live in dangerous country and dream go to america living.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James -

Don't you have a copy of your video without your IP address stamped on it?

If not, the easiest thing to do would be to use a resized colour board or partial screenshot to cover the numbers. Typically the colours would change throughout the video, so a colour board would be best.

However you do it, it'll stand out. You may as well try to maki it look deliberate! laughing

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James1989 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: hanoi Joined: Apr 16, 2016 12:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
can tell me how to do that? is have a video tutorial? Lost dad. Live in dangerous country and dream go to america living.
[Post New]
Tony

Could you pleases explain what is resized colour board and how yo do it ?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Tony

Could you pleases explain what is resized colour board and how yo do it ?
Color (Colour) boards are in Media Room on the first dropdown.

You drag you choice of color to the timeline in a track below the main video. Select the color board, Click Modify button on top of the timeline, you can drag the white handles to resize the color board to just cover your IP address.

[Thumb - Color boards.png]
 Filename
Color boards.png
[Disk]
 Description
Where the color board are
 Filesize
31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
28 time(s)
[Thumb - Color board after selecting.PNG]
 Filename
Color board after selecting.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Many colors
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
30 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 17. 2016 14:38

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Carl's covered the colour board idea, but this little tutorial shows a couple of other possibilities.

In truth, they're all pretty "clunky", especially in a video where the background colours would be changing constantly. Basically all you can do is cover it up or cut it out.

Cheers - Tony
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
There is another way other than what Tony showed.

You can blur the address on the video. Here is how.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: There is another way other than what Tony showed.

Thanks, Carl. That's one for me to use later on. This could also be used on TS files pulled from PVRs where a watermarked station ID is present in one corner of the image.

By the way, was that you narrating that clip?

Cheers!

Neil.
ynotfish
[Post New]
Good job Carl!

Cheers - Tony
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: There is another way other than what Tony showed.

Thanks, Carl. That's one for me to use later on. This could also be used on TS files pulled from PVRs where a watermarked station ID is present in one corner of the image.

By the way, was that you narrating that clip?

Cheers!

Neil.

Yes. Texas accent and all! Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Good job Carl!

Cheers - Tony
Thank you. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Carl.

As I said, the method you've demonstrated could be used to cover up annoying watermarked station idents in content recorded off-air via PVR devices. I do a lot of this lately, mainly from ABC-TV(national broadcaster here in Australia, non-commercial... no stupid ads!) but their station logo appears in the bottom-right corner of the image. Your method is a way to cover that ugly watermark and make it less obvious.(Do you get watermarking on American TV broadcasts?)

Cheers!

Neil.
[Post New]
Thank you Tony and Carl
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, Carl.

As I said, the method you've demonstrated could be used to cover up annoying watermarked station idents in content recorded off-air via PVR devices. I do a lot of this lately, mainly from ABC-TV(national broadcaster here in Australia, non-commercial... no stupid ads!) but their station logo appears in the bottom-right corner of the image. Your method is a way to cover that ugly watermark and make it less obvious.(Do you get watermarking on American TV broadcasts?)

Cheers!

Neil.
Yes, we get station ID and many times self promotion, along with some Ads during the show.

I have long used the blur method to cover up stuff on the bottom of the screen.

. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.