Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
URGENT: Audio does not sync with video post rendering/producing, please help!
breezybrain12
Newbie Location: California, US Joined: Feb 16, 2016 21:19 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am almost entirely new to video/audio editing and recently started a gaming channel on Twitch(livestreaming website solely for gaming) and wanted to amke YouTube videos as well. So i did some digging and found great reviews for PowerDirector, so I downloaded the recent products trial version, PowerDirector 14.

I was all set and for the first 3 days, I constantly edited my 20 minute video and am extremely happy with how it turned out pre-producing.

After being excited for finally finishing and rendering my video, I wanted to check it out after letting it sit for a couple hours while it render it to MP4, I noticed the audio was out of sync with the video, almost ruining the entire video (the audio is faster than the video or vice versa).

I've searched the internet for a solution and tried everything I could find. Rendering at lower qualities, cutting and re importing almost all the segments, even changing the framerate of the audio and video to match (still getting that the time frame rates conflict fyi). Nada. Same results.

Heres the video in a small nutshell. I have an intro with a still image and 2 audios (original sountrack for audio and my voice on 2 tracks) about 10 seconds long. No syncing problems post production. I have an outro spanning 15-20 seconds long, LOTS of effects, images, a video showing a preview of the next episode (it's a lets play). No syncing problems.

The problem is the gameplay. What I did is take the video/audio straight from my twitch channel, using a 3rd party downlaoder (JDownloader) to download it straight from twitch to mp4, then imported it PowerDirector and trimed it and started editing on top of that. The game audio and audio from my microphone was is on the same wave file (strangely my mic audio was not show on the wave(both audios are in sync, but not with the video post production)). Once I put both imported files onto the timeline, I got the "Frame rate conflicts" error message.

I read a forum stating it may be computer performance issues, but I highly doubt it seeing as the desktop I use only 2 years old, Windows 8 and has 300G of free space.

If there are any solutions anyone can think of or a forum they can point me to, any help would be greatly appreciated.

(P.S. I am on a 30 day trial, which ends in about 20 days, so a quick reply would help greatly. If I can find a work-around for this problem, I will gladly buy PowerDirector 14 Ultimate. Otherwise, I'm on the hunt again and starting from square one.)

Thanks for any help you can send my way.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
For members to grasp the issue you're facing and assisting you'll need to provide some additional information please.
1. Screen capture of the Edit workspace with your project insitu. Part E & F.
2. A diagnostic file, Part B.
3. Information on the media being edited. MediaInfo Part J.
The 32bit trial version has limitations and as you've indicated lasts for 30day. The full version (if you purchase correctly is a 63bit version and you have an additional 30 days to test out as CyberLink do offer a 30 day return for online purchasers.
Guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page
A suggestion for you to try with your mp4 rendering, might help, Uncheck Hardware Acceleration, in Preferences and in Produce.
Dafydd
breezybrain12
[Post New]
Here are the screen captures, there is text underneath the pictures with details. I have to submit the last screen capture (Outro) in another message. Will do so followed by Diagnostic file
[Thumb - Full project.png]
 Filename
Full project.png
[Disk]
 Description
Full project on timeline
 Filesize
955 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
45 time(s)
[Thumb - Gameplay from Stream.png]
 Filename
Gameplay from Stream.png
[Disk]
 Description
Gameplay (taken from livestream)
 Filesize
985 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
36 time(s)
[Thumb - Intro.png]
 Filename
Intro.png
[Disk]
 Description
Intro to the episode
 Filesize
1009 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
33 time(s)
breezybrain12
[Post New]
First attachment is the outro screen capture (as stated in previous message)

Next file is the Diagnostic file.

For the media information (I used MediInfo), I'm not positive on what you were asking for, so I decided to screen capture MediaInfo after opening the full 3 hour stream and viewing it via Tree view form. If it is not what you were looking for, lewt me know what I should do.

Also I unchecked all options in the Hardware Acceleration under Preferences but could not find the option in the Produce section in Preferences
[Thumb - Outro.png]
 Filename
Outro.png
[Disk]
 Description
Outro the the episode
 Filesize
764 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
39 time(s)
 Filename
BreezyBrainDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Diagnostic scan (DxDiag)
 Filesize
56 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
212 time(s)
[Thumb - Full Stream (MediaInfo.png]
 Filename
Full Stream (MediaInfo.png
[Disk]
 Description
3 hour stream opened in MediaInfo (Tree view)
 Filesize
106 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
46 time(s)
breezybrain12
[Post New]
Just finished producing it with all boxes unchecked in the Hardware Acceleration tab in Preferences. It is still out of sync.
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Hi breezybrain12,

Looking your screens, I see you have unlink your video and audio (file doc1)?! why? ´At the moment you have on timeline like 2 files: audio and video, should be one file! Sometimes it happens, when you use transitions etc

By me there is a solution!

Your timeline should look like on my screen (doc11), without this eeny-teeny line on the middle

P.S. Dont know why, but attachments wont upload, tried 3 times already

Just in case here's another links:

Doc1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltnya67tb73uvf7/Doc1.docx?dl=0

Doc11: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncba4077vm3gqhj/Doc11.docx?dl=0

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Feb 18. 2016 06:52

PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
breezybrain12
[Post New]
Hi Andres.R,

I unlinked the audio and video of the core gameplay because I seperated them and tried producing them seperately them importing them back into the timeline, replacing the old. This didn't work.

When I began the project, they were linked yes. But when I tried producing it the first time, I noticed the audio sync problem with the gameplay and, while trying to find solutions on my own, I unlinked the video and audio and produced it, it didn't help. I then took both the video and audio and produced them seperately and them imported them back in, making sure everythign was correct, on preview as it was, it still didn't fix the audio syncing problem post rendering/producing.

So the problem is not with the audio and video not being linked, because I went through those processes and it didn't change the result.

Here is what I'lll do once I get back from school. I will take just the audio, video, and both and produce them all, fit them in correctly (First separately produces audio and video, then combined produced audio and video and move things around to see if it helps.) , and I will see if anything changes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2016 14:11

breezybrain12
[Post New]
So I decided to start from scratch and import the 3 hour stream and cut Epiosde 1 from it and insert my intro and outro projects and redo the subtitles and images and sound effects. I rendered it after going through the suggestions you guys gave me and the audio was not out of sync in the after production.

In retrospect, I probably messed it up my unlinking the audio and video. Thanks for your help guys. I am defintiely going to be buying PowerDirector 14 in the future. Love the program and how it works.
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
probably after an half a year will be a new PowerDirector 15... so if you can wait, you'll get the newest PD PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

VideoNewBie [Avatar]
Newbie Location: - Joined: Mar 27, 2012 06:29 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]

Hello new girl here!

I have asked a similar question and perhaps you guys can help?

If audio does not sync with your video and its all one file how do you fix it? With a free sofware you can import the file delay the audio by -200ms and export it and the reviews say it works for others but i never got it too work.

So like to ask if the latest version can sync the audio for you with out going through frame by frame to fix it?
Andres.R
[Post New]
Hi VideoNewBie,
its almost impossible to sync audio, maybe after a couple of hours of work (if to unlink video and audio). maybe.
I have noticed, that audio wont sync with cheap camcorders, like some old mobile phone, but such problem I have had only a few times. With good camcorder non syncing problems I havent noticed. Its if to talk about original files.
If to talk about the final video file after editing, try to change video editing software
P.S. you may upload here one such file, where audio isnt synced, lets check it together
PowerDirector 17. Windows 10

Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
VideoNewBie,

You are inadvertantly "highjacking" a 6-month old thread someone else started. You should start a new thread with a description of your problem in the title. This way people who have already responded to the original thread will pay attention. Oh, and welcome to a great forum! Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6