CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I "Shrink" a Video in Media Espresso 7?
Reply to this topic
Mike9876 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Indianaplis, IN Joined: Dec 19, 2015 18:38 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I need to convert a Video file in Media Espresso 7. It is too large for a BD disk. How do I shrink it to fit on a 25GB disk? (It's around 30GB.) Please respond. Thanks Mike Held
Mike9876 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Indianaplis, IN Joined: Dec 19, 2015 18:38 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone? Mike Held
Mike9876 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, me again. I used Media Espresso "Smart Fit" to convert my video file. It finished quickly but now I don't know where it saved the converted file. Where does Espresso put it's converted files? Please respond. Thanks Mike Held
Mike9876 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm back. I found the file but it's the same size. (30GB) How do I fit this on a BD or DVD? Will I have to buy a BD DL? Mike Held
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

You need to provide more information if you want to get the help you are looking for. Like what format is the original file, and which format are you converting it to?

In general, if you want the file to be smaller, you should use a format that is better at compression. Also, reducing the bitrate and resolution will also reduce the resulting file size.

Click the "Convert" button on the UI (5th button on the main window) to customize the output better.

Thanks,
Dave
Reply to this topic