Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smartsound never work
sutor2008 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2014 18:51 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Sirs,

I have a problem with Magic Music when I try to uso one song from Smartsound. Always appears one windown with the message: Corel applications update.

I update de windows but never can to finish update. After I use again another song, I have the same question and the Power Director doen't work untill I have again update.

Thanks for you opinion
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi sutor2008 -

A Corel update? A Windows update? Neither of those would interfere with SmartSound.

Are you trying to use one of the tracks labelled in bold blue? or one of the white ones? Try using one of the bold blue tracks and see if it works - they're the ones installed on your system.

You can download a preview of the white tracks but they cannot be inserted in the timeline.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
sutor2008 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear Tony, thanks for your help and sorry for my english.

The problem is when I use the blue songs, appears a new window ask me to upload de Corel Foundations (?) If I say yes, dowload, install correctly but after when I open the project again the window appears again. Every time.

If I say remove de upload, is the same. But If I not use any song in the project nothing.

I don't know to put a image in the reply but I attached a file with the image.

Thanks again.
 Filename
Documento1.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
image from Power Director
 Filesize
193 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
542 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I understand now. It's Core Foundations that's trying to update - that's the name of the SmartSound album.

Click on the SmartSound button then on the Albums tab to check whether Core Foundations is installed. It should have been installed with PowerDirector.

Next click on the Internet tab and uncheck both options.

Restart PDR and check if the tracks are still blue. What happens when you try to use them?

Cheers - Tony
sutor2008 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks a lot, Tony

OK I follow yours instructions and restart PDR. Again the windows to update de Core Fundation.

After that I use the project and the give a message about the preview of sounds I must be conected to Internet and activate de option in SmartSound.

I try other way, uninstaller de Core Foundations and update again. Is the same. That morning a reinstal the program PDR. Nothing.

Now when I open the project with the ssmart sound included, is crazy, appears de same window. Nothing change.

I use 6 song at that project, well, when I open the project ask me 6 times, when I create the Bluray during the proces ask me 6 times if not the PDR is stop.

Luis
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
sutor2008,
I have seen something like that before. I submit your best course of action is to contact Smartsound/Magic Music support.

smartsound.com/support

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 12. 2016 12:33

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Luis -

Something has gone badly wrong with your SmartSound installation. It should not be trying to update itself in that way.

Barry has suggested contacting SmartSound Support & those people will certainly get your issue resolved.

There are two other alternatives that should help:

1. Completely uninstall & reinstall PDR14 - or -

2. Download & install the Full SmartSound Quicktracks 5.1.8 installer and Common Data Installer (204mb) from http://www.smartsound.com/support/updates?product=cyberlink

Cheers - Tony
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I would try #2 first. Opinion. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
SmartSoundFrank
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2011 14:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Tony was on the right track. Usually the Core Foundations album will install the first time you load the SmartSound interface. The update file (CoreFoundations.ssup) should normally be deleted after it runs, but it seems that this is not happening for you. You can manually remove the file and it should stop asking you to run it.

Please close PowerDirector and open the following folder on your hard drive:

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\

Inside this folder, delete the entire "UpdatePacks" folder. Once removed, launch PowerDirector and open the SmartSound interface and it will create a new, empty UpdatePacks folder. It should no longer ask you to update the Core Foundations album.

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Not only did sutor2008 get a quick answer, but it was from FRANK himself, long-time support guru who knows all/sees all when it comes to the rare (and they are fairly rare) Smartsound error.
Welcome to the Forum, Frank. Happy to have you.
BG HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
sutor2008 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok Friends, thanks to all for your experience and help.

I try more later to do your last suggestion and I keep informed about the result.

Best Regards, Luis
Luis Sunol [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2014 06:52 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Ok. Is a good solution. Your suggestion was perfect. Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards from Barcelona.

Good weekend!!

Luis
SmartSoundFrank
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2011 14:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Glad to hear it Luis, no problem.

And thanks Barry! I don't often monitor Cyberlink or other NLE forums, but I'm always happy to answer any questions brought to my attention to hopefully help other users with similar issues. It's great to see you and Tony still on the front lines helping people with their SmartSound related questions. Thank you sincerely for all that you guys do

I will try to check in more on these forums from time to time, and please always feel free to direct any relevant posts my way.

Cheers!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 15. 2016 12:34