Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with bd-r creation on powerdirector 14
alex.x1/9 dallara [Avatar]
Newbie Location: none Joined: Feb 03, 2016 03:23 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Soory for mistake i make because i'm french and don't write very well english...

I use powerdirector 14 for make my personal film production. When i write project on dvd-r no problem. but when i make bd-r project, all on powerdirector are fine, but when i want to read bd-r on tv reader, it's block on menu start, i can do nothing.

I try to write the iso with an other programme, it's the same problem. I see, after write bd-r, that this size are not good, windows say my bd-r's powerdirector projet make 98go....

I don't find how to solve problem, so i can't make bd-r movie, please, help me.

thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I don’t understand your English anyway. Think that you are saying that you created a project. You burned the dvd okay, created an image, and burned a dvd from that okay. The dvd on your particular player can’t get passed the dvd menu. If you have the issue with a BD then I have the answer.

Try this: Instead of creating an image create a folder instead. Download a trial version of PowerDVD and play the movie from folder. If you are not successful then the dvd and the image never created properly. If you are successful then you need to buy a different dvd player.

You probably need to contact Cyberlink support to get the problem fully resolved.
[Post New]
sorry if you don't understand.
With dvd no problem, work perfectly, with menu.
With blu ray don't work if i want menu. work if i burn without menu the video work, but with menu, don't work. I have the picture of the menu, but i don't have the button to launch play or select chapter.
[Post New]
i use powerdirector original menu.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the clarification. The default menu comes up on your BD player with no buttons for play or scenes. Try another Cyberlink menu that has not been modified in any way. Be sure that you have more than 1 chapter and that all 4 boxes on the lower left are checked on the Create disc/menu page to start. Use a BD-RE for your testing.

You might just want to use the sample files to create a BD-RE with chapters to see if this is successful and report back. We can work from here.
[Post New]
hello,
thanks to help me.
Yesterday i try all the day to make blu ray, change everytime Something in setting, but Nothing...
I try other officiel menu, i try no menu, i try change video siez (1080, 24p, 80i......) Nothing. Yes i have 4 chapter, for 4 video, all boxes check in menu setup, but don't work...
Today i try Something someone give me on another forum, she say the problem is for blu ray we can only use avchd video, so i need to convert it before use......
I try and give you return.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: hello,
thanks to help me.
Yesterday i try all the day to make blu ray, change everytime Something in setting, but Nothing...
I try other officiel menu, i try no menu, i try change video siez (1080, 24p, 80i......) Nothing. Yes i have 4 chapter, for 4 video, all boxes check in menu setup, but don't work...
Today i try Something someone give me on another forum, she say the problem is for blu ray we can only use avchd video, so i need to convert it before use......
I try and give you return.
Bluray creation: Open your project.

1. open Create Disc module

2. Click on 2D Disc

3. Select Bluray. There several options here to choose.

4. Click Menu Preferences (Choose menu)

5. You can edit the Title of the Main page and chapters page(s). Click on "My Video" in the previewer Edit the Title. You must edit "My Video" on every Chapter page.

6. Start Burning: Click "Burn in 2D" button on bottom Right.

7. You have three choices: Burn Disc, Create Disk Folder or Create ISO file. If you want to burn the BD-R disc later choose Create Disc folder or create ISO file. Uncheck burn disc.

8. You Bluray disc should be created.

Bluray only plays in Bluray players, they do not work in standard DVD players, Nor does AVCHD burned to a DVD.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 04. 2016 22:44

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Hello,
thanks for you help. I try since more 1 week, with burn approximately 5 bd-re each day, i don't find solution... I stop research for it. I burn only video, without menu directly on blu ray and it work.
Thanks again to help me.
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
I had a similar issue with PD13. Burning a Bluray with menu directly with PD13 creates a disc that will not play on anything - PC or stand alone bluray player.

I burned to a folder. Made sure that played using VLC or MPC-HC. IF it played correctly, I then burned that folder using Imgburn. That created a bluray disc that does play correctly. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA