Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disappearing thread: "PD13 & 14 on Win10 x64: constant hanging, crashing, every other minute"
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Everybody!

Last night(or early this morning, 1st February, my time), I was commenting on a post by a person wanting to know why he was having the problem suggested by the above title. It was posted in the "previous versions" forum but because it mentioned both PD13 and PD14, could have fitted in this forum as well as the "previous versions" forum. Thing is, I'd already posted one answer, then, having noticed I had been promoted in status, made a comment in a P.S. at the end(in editing). Mike(Fenman) then chimed in with a light-hearted comment on my elevation in status, I'd only just finished a very brie reply to Mike, in the same joking mood, When I clicked to submit, it took a few minutes to save but then I got the note in PMs to say the thread doesn't exist. Mike(Fenman) noticed it as well and we've been discussing it through the PM's. Either Mike, myself, or perhaps someone else(maybe even the person who posted the original question) may have posted a "please explain" query as to why this thread suddenly vanished. There was nothing at all in it(that I could see) that could violate any protocols in posting on this website. So I'm asking respectfully, on behalfof Mike(Fenman), myself(Neil F.1955) and the original poster as well as anyone else who had made subsequent posts on this thread, "please explain!"

Cheers!

Neil.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2016 23:14

Terminal [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 30, 2015 22:38 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
"PD13 & 14 on Win10 x64: constant hanging, crashing"

I'm interested in this topic too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2016 07:14

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I have just had notification of a thread* being returned to the forum after it was "found" by CyberLink techs. Looks like the same issue has happened to the thread Neil and Fenman have been discussing. Please can one of you check your emails and then give me the url so I can ask CyberLink to "seek & return" the data to the forum.
Dafydd

* http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47055.page#246027
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi!

Dafydd, I just looked and could not see if the thread had been reinstated into the Forum for PD14, it may be in the "previous versions post. I'll look in there and will use this post(add to it in editing) to advise if I've seen it there.

Terminal, I know you have an interest in the subject the disappeared thread covered, but this thread is about the very disappearence of that other thread. Just thought I'd point that out.

Cheers!

Neil.

Dafydd, as the saying goes: "watch this space!" Okay, a quick check on the Previous Versions forum reveals no reinstatement of the disappeared thread. If it had been returned, it would've been on the first page of thread lists.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2016 12:21

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Neil,
You appear to have missed what I was asking for and the point I was making.
1. Please look at one of the notification emails (sent automatically by the forum script) you would have received informing you of a "new post" on the now missing thread.
2. The info I gave about a thread being "found" was to do with another and not the one that interested you and fenman.

I need the link to give to CyberLink to find and re-instate the thread (in the "previous PDR forum).

Dafydd
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Dafydd!

I haven't missed what you asked for, I simply did not get one in my email "in-box" linking to "PD13 & 14 on Win10 x64: constant hanging, crashing, every other minute". There was no reference to it, whatsoever. From Cyberlink's no-reply VIPmail I've often received 6 emails in one shot, sometimes only 2 or three and on one occasion, upwards of 11, but in all those I've received over the pst few days(it's 2nd February, here in Australia), I've not had any notification of the reinstatement of that missing thread. That's why I looked in the forum pages first, if the thread had been reinstated in either the PD14 or Previous Versions forums, then both Fenman and I would've received notification of that reinstatement.

Cheers!

Neil.
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

I understand what you mean. Unfortunately I can't help because I always permanently delete the notifications once I've read the related post in the thread.

Edit: I think I've found it in my browser history, try:-

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47225.page#245689

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2016 06:04

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Dafydd!

I think Fenman may have found this URL you were after in his "browsing history" I've copied it and pasted below to give you a second shot at it:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47225.page#245689

Thus far I haven't seen anything in my "in-box" to tell me if the thread Fenman and I have been discussing has re-emerged yet.

Cheers!

Neil.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi
I have forwarded the information Mike's PM contained. All we can do is wait..... probably days before the thread is located and restored.
Dafydd
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Dafydd!

Cheers on that score! You'll notice in your "in-box a notification that I've asked you to pass on to Cyberlink, I got an Email notifying me that I got a reply to one of my posts, only to find it WAS my post. This is getting serious. It needs rectifying, sooner, the better!

Cheers!

Neil.