Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Curiosity, re: PD8
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Some time back, I bought a new capture device for VHS-to-DVD conversion. In the package with the device was an OEM(bare-bones) version of PD8. I just now had the idea, that, should I acquire a laptop computer at some future time, were I to install this OEM version of PD8 to this laptop for the purpose of "quick assemble edits" on the run, with the OEM version accept MP4 video? If not, I won't bother.

Cheers!

Neil.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Don't bother. I just bought the #1 in a different post. Capture is limited in to PD defaults of mpeg-1, mpeg-2, and avi at sd resolutions only. Mp4 captures are are available with the supplied software.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Don't bother. I just bought the #1 in a different post. Capture is limited in to PD defaults of mpeg-1, mpeg-2, and avi at sd resolutions only. Mp4 captures are are available with the supplied software.

Thanks for the info Tomasc! I had the installation disc for the bare-bones version sitting in a box with other software discs, and just thought there might've been some use for it. Thing is, the content capture would not be via capture card, but straight off an SD-card(content copy-pasted to a folder on the computer for editing later). The camera is a Canon Legria HF R506 that shoots and saves in MP4 or AVCHD(I've chosen MP4). Does that change things?

Cheers!

Neil.