Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to remove all transitions from a slideshow...
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
I know how to apply a fade transition to an entire slideshow. Is there any way to remove all the transitions, without selecting each transition individually? I tried applying "no effect", but it will only allow me to apply it slide by slide. (I can't use undo, because I've made many changes since I applied the fades to all slides.) Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The answer is no. Look at this recent link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29995.page . That does not stop individuals to come up with ingenious ways to make it easier. See the last thread on that post.

You can always check the autosave for a time that you knew was before you added all those transitions.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Dan -

Here's a way to apply "No Effect" to the whole slideshow. It doesn't "remove" the transitions, as such, but the produced file will look like there are none.

1. Add the "No Effect" transition to your favourites, and remove any other previously added favourites.

2. While you have the "My Favourites" folder/tag open, select "Apply Random Transition to all videos"

It's shown here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70CTEAI9ozI - but I don't think someone of your perspicacity needs the visuals.

P.S. When I watch it play back, it doesn't completely look like there's no transition there... but see what you think

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - No Effect.png]
 Filename
No Effect.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
106 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks tomasc and ynotfish. I tried the "favorites/no effect" approach and it worked fine (and I learned something new about favorites and transitions in the process).

Then I checked out tomasc's link. I realized that I could control-left click on several transitions at once and remove them, but only if I used the "delete" key. If I right-clicked to bring up the menu with "remove", it de-selected the transitions.

I also realized that if I changed to storyboard view, it made selecting the transitions a lot faster and easier. So thanks to both of you!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 25. 2016 16:24

Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
EclipseChaser [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tucson, Arizona Joined: May 06, 2011 14:17 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Select the first transition. Hold down the Shift key and select the last transition. Hit the Delete key. Done!