Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD13 - Transitions disappeared??
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I have just started building a video using still images (i.e. a slideshow) from scratch. My most used transitions have for a long time been soft wipes in all 4 directions. I suddenly find that my transitions library has changed and the only soft wipe I've got is upwards. Has anybody else had a similar problem? The only thing I can attribute this to is that I recently had a play with photo director. This was the first time I had ever looked at it and it invited me to do an update which I did.

I should mention that I have filtered the view of my library by looking both at all content and also just the wipes but in both cases the only soft wipe I see is upwards.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Longedge -

Have no fear - they're still there, just amalgamated... and PhotoDirector is not responsible! laughing

Drop the soft wipe transition into the timeline. While it's selected, click Modify & you can set the direction & transition type.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Longedge! In PD13 as in PD14, the transition you select can be modified as you require. You want to use "Wipe Soft"? Lay it into the timeline between any two of your images and then click on "Modify". Here you can set the duration of the transition, you can also set the behaviour(overlap or crossfade, the latter retains the original running time, the former diminishes the time by the length of transition, multiplied by the number of times it's used) and the direction of the wipe(up, down, left, right). It's only a space-saving tool for Power Director that one version of a transition appears, you'll see this as well with Threshold. To select between Threshold 1 or 2 you lay the transition into your timeline, then click on "modify" to select between the two versions. Hope this has cleared up the matter for you. All the transitions are there, it's just that variations on some(where applicable) are accessed via the "modify" function.

Cheers!

Neil.

Ah. I see Tony(Ynotfish) came through with a pictorial showing what I've just explained, then logged off again(who was that masked man? ha-ha).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09. 2016 16:01

Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks guys - phew! Panic over laughing - when did that happen??
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
hmmm.... time for bed now but - I don't like the change. I used to drop wipes onto my timeline one ofter the other and it took very little time to do it. Now I have to drop the wipe and then change it which makes the process much nore laborious. Not an improvement as far as I can see.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: hmmm.... time for bed now but - I don't like the change. I used to drop wipes onto my timeline one ofter the other and it took very little time to do it. Now I have to drop the wipe and then change it which makes the process much nore laborious. Not an improvement as far as I can see.

I agree with you in that regard, Longedge! In Power Director 8 I could assemble all my clips into the orderI wanted, then copy-paste fade transitions into the spots between each clip, after doing that I could watch the clip through and drop a new transition in(effectively using the fades as "bookmarks". Can't do that in PD14... drat! Yes, adding transitions in PD14 is a bit for fiddly than it was, but on the up-side, the cross effect means you retain the overall length of your video, the overlap causes a loss of overall length by the length of the transition multiplied by the number of transitions used(assuming all transitions were of the same duration).

Cheers!

Neil.