where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with Thumbnails on Templates
Reply to this topic
Gregorian Chanter [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 26, 2015 19:01 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
My posting did not show up on the last try, so here is a re-do:

I am trying to burn a Blu-ray disc using PowerProducer 5.5. I updated PowerProducer last week, so I assume I am running the latest version.

The source material is two MPEG-2 files from over-the-air broadcast programs. The first one is in 720p format, and the second one is in 1080i format. I added them and kept them as two seperate clips. I edited both, added chapters to both, and selected a thumbnail for each clip. I selected the option to burn the disc as MPEG-2.

Here is the problem I am having. I go to "Menu" and select a template. I customize that template to allow two thumbnails. Everything seems fine at this point. The two thumbnails appear on the menu template just as I want them. But as soon as I try to do much of anything (a. go to "Edit", "Chapters", and then cancel out without doing anything; b. save project and recall; c. burn to Blu-ray disc), the template reverts to one thumbnail, showing only the thumbnail for the first clip. The second clip is still there, but the only way I can access it on the burned disc is to fast-forward or step through the chapters of the first clip to get there. Note: I tried several templates. All gave the same bad result.

Help!
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gregorian,
Could you give a snapshot of the menu template you used?
I'm afraid the 2nd clip's thumbnail is in the 2nd page of menu, so you have to "navigate" to the next page and then start to play it.
Gregorian Chanter [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 26, 2015 19:01 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
That was a good hint. Instead of selecting "Play" from the first menu (with only one thumbnail) that came up when I put the disc into a Blu-ray player, I selected "Scenes", and found the two thumbnails I wanted on one menu template there, albeit a different template.

But things are rather screwed there. When I selected the second clip, yet another menu template came up with two thumbnails from the second clip, using yet another template.

Is there a way to clear away all the menu templates and thumbnails and start over, short of deleting the whole project file? I would like to save the edits I did, but get rid of the menus and thumbnails so I can start over from scratch with that part.

BTW, I can't figure out how to add a picture to my posting. When I hit the "Insert/edit image" button above this box I am typing in right now, a dialog box appears. The first line of the dialog box ask for "Source" for the image. I have an image I want to post on a thumb drive. It appears as "G:\PP_Shot1.jpg" on my computer. If enter this and move to the second line of this dialog box ("Image description"), I find that stuff is added to the path to the image. The result is as follows:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/G:\PP_Shot1.jpg

This would refer to a file on your system, not my system.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2015 18:58

Reply to this topic