Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
***** PowerDirector 14 beta patch (v2416) **** 2015-12-21
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink release information
PowerDirector 14 beta patch (v2416)
Downloader link: http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TR151216-093/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe
Direct download link: http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/patch/PDR14/PowerDirector_2416_GM4_Patch_Patch_VDE151204-02.exe

Release notes:
  • Enhances the compatibility of AVI video in Windows 10.
  • Enhances the program performance when generating shadow files.
  • Fixes the distorted video seen when previewing and in the produced video, if OpenCL is enabled for specific VGA cards.
  • Fixes the issue that SVRT doesn’t work on MOV videos captured by Pentex K-30 cameras.
  • Fixes the issue in the Particle Designer that modified particle emit parameters are not applied if the "Enter" key was not pressed.
  • Fixes the issue in the Title Designer that text alignment is not applied when selecting the entire title text box.
  • Fixes the issue that title text edited in the Title Designer's preview window is not correctly applied.

Please add any beta issues to this thread as it is monitored by CyberLink.
Previous beta data and link:
2409 http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46674.page
In my opinion: Installing a beta patch is at your own risk, back up your data where necessary. A beta patch is not for the novice/newbie user and should be installed only by those who are experienced in computer use/problem solving.
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 29. 2015 03:45

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds like release note: "Fixes the distorted video seen when previewing and in the produced video, if OpenCL is enabled for specific VGA cards."

Was maybe this note in part to address this issue, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45770.page , if so, still broken. PD14 with v2416 patch simply crashes if OpenCL is used with some Fx and some VGA cards. GTX650, Nvidia 359.06 drivers still a issue.

Jeff
 Filename
OpenCL_Issue.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
26658 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
307 time(s)
tpallred1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2015 14:51 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Is this supposed to fix all the program crashes I've been getting since installing the patch I was notified of yesterday? I'm running Win 7 and I can't even playback a project in the editor anymore without PD14 crashing.

I decided to install this patch since I was hosed by the first patch and I figured I didn't have anything to lose. Still crashes on playback in Edit mode.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2015 16:12

Tom
i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, 16GB RAM, GTX 960, SSDs, Monoprice 28" 4K CrystalPro, Acer 23" 1080p H236HL - Full system at http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kYxw23
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Concerning note: "Enhances the program performance when generating shadow files."

Looks like CL doubled the CPU usage for shadow file generation but still falls significantly short of this users expectations. Yes, the double CPU allotment has reduced shadow file generation time by ~50% but,
1) Why not give the user the ability with a pref option to use the full capability of his CPU to generate shadow files if desired?
2) Why not give the user the ability with a pref option to use the GPU to generate shadow files if desired?

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
CL tech support informed me that this patch would resolve the media error message that Win10 users are seeing when working with AVI clips.

Unfortunately, I have just tested the patch with the media I provided to CL and can confirm that the issue is STILL present. As has been the case since I posted the workaround in August, Win10 users will continue to need the K-LITE codec pack and switch to the LAV Splitters as described *here* to avoid these errors

Dafydd, I would appreciate it if you could ensure that CL sees that case #CS001539392 is still unresolved. I am away for Christmas and only have the Live version with me on my Surface Pro 3, but I am able to login remotely to my desktop and test any new standalone beta patches that they may post. Thank you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2015 19:10

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi JL_JL,
CyberLink would like to know if you still have GeForce Experience installed on your computer?
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Optodata,

RE: CS001539392
I believe you should now have been replied to.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2015 04:59

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi JL_JL,
CyberLink would like to know if you still have GeForce Experience installed on your computer?
Dafydd

Thanks for the followup. I've never had GeForce Experience installed ever and not currently installed. All I ever install is the one item "Graphic Driver" in a clean installation.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Optodata, RE: CS001539392 I believe you should now have been replied to.
Dafydd

Hi Dafydd. I haven't heard anything from them since Dec 20 when Saba informed me of the v2416 patch. I replied that I only have the Live version with me and asked if there was a way to patch that, and I cannot send another inquiry on this case through the system until they have responded.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ron,
The info I have is a bit sparse.
a) the CL staff member who has replied to you, told me he had just done so via the support ticket.
b) In the reply & I'm guessing here, you were guided to delete the registry to clean the cache, as it might be a media cache problem.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector14\MediaObj\MediaCache5
If any of the above helps or not..... let me know.
Dafydd
optodata
[Post New]
Still no activity on the support ticket front, but when I deleted the MediaCache5 key (and all subkeys), PD14 v2416 was able to play the test AVI file succcessfully without the K-LITE codec pack or LAV Splitters! This is a big deal

However, I still get the same media source error when working with MagicYUV AVI clips even after deleting the cache, so the patch doesn't address the entire issue.

I had sent along a link to a 3-part ZIP file containing a sample MagicYUV clip to tech support on 1 Dec and had asked them to test that clip as well, but I don't think they did. The link to the OneDrive folder is *here* and the zip files are "GOPR1060-MagicYUV.zip," .z01 and .z02.

I get the media source error at the 31 second mark in the clip when previewing in the timeline. I've attached the error details here and have also uploaded the trial version of the MagicYUV codec that they'll need to test the clip to the OneDrive folder.

Thanks very much for your followup here
 Filename
GOPR1060 error log.txt
[Disk]
 Description
media source error details
 Filesize
80 bytes
 Downloaded:
384 time(s)

YouTube/optodata

Gazwebb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2011 21:48 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Great patch this is as now it lasts about 30 secs longer before it crashes 😂 Imagine when it gets to a minute 🎉
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi JL_JL,
CyberLink have been unable to reproduce your crash issue. Please send the crash report back and contact online support providing them with DxDiag data. After you've done all of that please provide your support ticket ID for me to pass onto CyberLink head office.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Optodata,
CyberLink have checked the AVI, which is encoded by 3rd party video codec "MAGY", and they have stated that PowerDirector doesn't support the codec. According to CyberLink's testing (I don't have any info on the tests), this is not related to Windows 10 AVI support. You should receive a support message reply for the case today.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23. 2015 12:18

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Gazwebb,
Please send in the crash report and contact online support, giving them your computer DxDiag data. After you've done all of that please provide me with your support ticket ID as CyberLink head office will check up etc on the data.
Dafydd
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi JL_JL,
CyberLink have been unable to reproduce your crash issue. Please send the crash report back and contact online support providing them with DxDiag data. After you've done all of that please provide your support ticket ID for me to pass onto CyberLink head office.
Dafydd

I've sent several crash reports for this issue, with full writeup in each one as to the issue. Did CL test with the GTX650? The 970, 960, 750, and others don't have the issue. Will generate and send yet another.

Jeff
optodata
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Optodata,
CyberLink have checked the AVI, which is encoded by 3rd party video codec "MAGY", and they have stated that PowerDirector doesn't support the codec. According CyberLink testing, this is not related to Windows 10 AVI support. You should receive a support message reply for the case today.
Dafydd

Thanks, Dafydd. I've received the same info through the support channel, and I'm quite disappointed in their reply. MAGY is clearly compatible when using the AVI Fix on Win10 and it also works perfectly without the fix on Win7 and 8.1 systems. They certainly have the right choose to support the codec or not although from my viewpoint, it's unfortunate that they are not willing to do so.

Can you ask if they will be updating PD13 or any earlier versions to incorporate the Win10 AVI fix that v2416 brings to PD14?

YouTube/optodata

Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Concerning note: "Enhances the program performance when generating shadow files."

Looks like CL doubled the CPU usage for shadow file generation but still falls significantly short of this users expectations. Yes, the double CPU allotment has reduced shadow file generation time by ~50% but,
1) Why not give the user the ability with a pref option to use the full capability of his CPU to generate shadow files if desired?
2) Why not give the user the ability with a pref option to use the GPU to generate shadow files if desired?

Jeff

AMEN

and a Happy New Year

Eugene 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
New beta released, see http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/46841.page#243115

Thread closed.
Dafydd