Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Some Basic Advice Please
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Hello All

I recently purchased AD6 and PD14. The project I am working on has many clips. It has the usual video Audio track, a Voice Over Track and a Music Track. I am getting to the point where I want to edit the audio i.e. raising and lowering the volume on the various tracks as required. I thought that it would be possible to do this in AD6 by exporting all the tracks to AD6 from PD14, doing my edits and then exporting the revised tracks back to PD14. Is this possible? And if so how do I start? I find AD6 a bit baffling to be honest!

Regards

Nigel
[Post New]
Hello Nigel,

A warm welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

Unless you need to make specific audio adjustments in ADR, such as applying effects, you're just as well to set your track levels in PDR (especially if ADR looks a bit daunting to you at this stage). If it were me, I'd try to do my ADR familiarisation while I wasn't in the middle of a project!

The process is essentially the same in both. In PDR, you can set levels right in the timeline using the Audio Mixing module. In ADR, you'd use the Mix module.

Here's how a similar project looks in PDR:

The main video & voice over tracks have been largely left as is. The music track gain has been dropped using the horizontal slider, with small keyframes adjustments at breaks in VO track.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Pix Thank you. I will take your advice!

But for future reference is there a way to export the contents of multiple tracks to AD6 and then reimport them back into PD14?

Regards

Nigel
[Post New]
I avoided explaining that in my initial response because you mentioned ADR being a "bit baffling".

There are two ways to use ADR - via PDR & as a standalone. If you use it through PDR, multiple tracks can't be "sent". Once ADR is opened (via PDR) the other tracks can be imported. If you were using ADR as a standalone, each track could be imported & mixed in the Mix module.

In standalone mode, ADR has all its functions (including "Produce"). In round-trip mode, some functions aren't available - see https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24693.page#199557

So, in your case where you're wanting to mix & balance levels, ADR would be best used as a standalone to produce the mixed audio. For what you're doing, PDR will do the task in a more straightforward way laughing

PIX PIX YouTube channel
collie581 [Avatar]
[Post New]
PIX
Thanks again for the info. I will take your advice and practise on something that does not matter.
Nigel