Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrade from PowerDirector Ultra
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

About a month ago I purchased PD 14 Ultra and I have been learning how to use it since! Unfortunately when I purchased Ultra I failed to notice it did not include Audio Director which I think will be useful to me. Tonight I purchased the upgrade to Ultimate which includes Audio Director. I assume PD 14 ultimate will be exactly the same as PD 14 but my question is should I uninstall it and install Ultimate or can I just install Audio Director and have everything work as it should? There could be a problem with the Product Keys though - I am a bit confused with all those different versions. Suggestions gratefully accepted before I do anything!

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2015 16:56

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi All

About a month ago I purchased PD 14 Ultra and I have been learning how to use it since! Unfortunately when I purchased Ultra I failed to notice it did not include Audio Director which I think will be useful to me. Tonight I purchased the upgrade to Ultimate which includes Audio Director. I assume PD 14 ultimate will be exactly the same as PD 14 but my question is should I uninstall it and install Ultimate or can I just install Audio Director and have everything work as it should? There could be a problem with the Product Keys though - I am a bit confused with all those different versions. Suggestions gratefully accepted before I do anything!

Thanks
You can try installing just audiodirector, but if you do you will miss out on the extra features in Powerdirector 14 Ultimate. Ultimate Suite has more features than Ultra.

Comparison chart.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultimate/compare_en_US.html

You paid for Ultimate, you should install it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2015 16:54

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl. I will do that tomorrow. I was just a bit concerned that there might have been a conflict between the 2 versions.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Two generations of PD can coexist on one computer (like PD13 and 14), but I don't think two versions of the same generation can. I'd expect the Ultimate version to ask you to uninstall the Ultra version during the installation process.

As Carl says, you'll be better off with the Ultimate version as it comes with more features. You should also contact Cyberlink to see if they can refund your PD Ultra purchase, or maybe see if they can give you the upgrade price to Ultimate.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2015 00:02

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°