CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Producer 5 crashes
Reply to this topic
jtscribe52 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 28, 2015 14:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hopefully you guys can help me. I've had a ticket in for 72 hours but no response as of yet. Kind of a bummer because my father-in-law films the basketball games for my niece and nephew's school and we put the videos on DVD for the coaches to use in practice . . . anyhoo.

I can set up my project, but as soon as I hit 'next' to go into the screen where DVD options would be selected, the program closes itself. I get no errors of any sort, it just crashes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application, patching to the latest versions, etc. Still has the error. I downloaded PP6 as a trial, and it seems to work fine, and I can burn disks in other applications.

I disabled my antivirus software, checked to see if I had any updates that others on the forum have mentioned as being problematic, ran the program as an admin and in compatibility mode, but no joy.

Any ideas?

Windows 7 64-bit

i7-3770k, 16GB RAM
jtscribe52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update.

Did finally get a response from support. I'm not seeing any app crashes in event viewer and all my drivers are up to date.

On a side note also determined that if I save my project and then attempt to reload the project file, the app will close immediately like it does when I hit next to burn. This is again with no event viewer notices.
jtscribe52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Support was able to determine the issue was with the latest AMD video driver (?!). Rolling back to 14.12 Catalyst drivers resolved the issue.
Reply to this topic